So, whats the most fun gun to shoot?

Discussion in 'Marlin Rimfires' started by RIFLEMAN97, May 31, 2013.

1. varmint

varmint Member

My favorite go to gun is a Marlin 39 AS. Has to be one of the best plinkers ever.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  2. varmint

varmint Member

3. jrelentless

jrelentless Member

A favorite of mine is the beretta mod 71 or another name is jaguar. It's a .22cal with 10 rounds the gun would perfectly fit a person even with small hands. It has a very light comfortable feel to it and is quite accurate. I have the 3.4 inch and the 6 inch barrel for gun. To change barrels u can be blindfolded, cleaning gun is a breeze with the ease n few parts in the gun. I can easily understand why it was an Israel Mossad favorite in the seventies. Also what I think us remarkable about it is that when u fire the gun it almost sounds as though it has a suppressor. I can shoot any ammo with ease and for unknown reasons the gun doesn't seem to get dirty as often to others. A real pleasure to learn on and shoot as well.

4. s1120

s1120 Active Member

A easy gun to clean/work on always makes for fun. My High Standards are like that. Takes about 20 seconds to get it broken down for cleaning. Fun to shoot also. My most fun though? That has to be my first year ['61]S&W model 53 Jet. For those that don't know the 22 jet is a 357mag case, necked down to a 222 projectile. The sound, and fireball is unmatched!!! A awesomely fun gun to shoot!!!

5. rclink

rclink Member

I like to shoot my Beretta Storm 9mm and UZI the most :cool:
    Next is my 39 Golden Mountie :)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  6. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Well-Known Member

So, whats the most fun gun to shoot?

We have to chose just one?

7. varmint

varmint Member

Any one I can get ammo for.

Sent from my iPhone using Marlin Forum

8. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

My new fun guns are my Taurus PT111 Millennium G2 and Hi Point 45ACP. I got them about 3-4 months ago and haven't got out to shoot them much but I shot them gooder than any of my other pistolas. OK, I shot it better...:rolleyes: Here are my "first time out" pics.

Attached Files:

9. Spoon

Spoon Well-Known Member

Those big, ugly High Points shoot really well once you get 'em dialed in. 1 son-in-law bought two for $110 each a couple years back. We broke 'em in after setting unused for 2 years with ~450 rounds of 185 TNC cast in a moderate load. Shot darn near every piece of color out of two see N shoot small targets at 7-15 yds. Can't hide them, but when they hit where you aim...does it matter if/when the time comes?

10. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

I had the .40 at one time before I got the RIA .45 and .38 Super. It ran every factory round I fed it, JHP, FMJ, without any malfunctions. It also shot excellent. About a year ago somebody offered me a LOT more than what I paid for it ..... so I don't have it anymore.

11. Trektoy2

Trektoy2 Member

Favorite Marlin is my model 700, shoots like a tac driver. That and I tacticool'd it. Yes 700 not 7000. It has a heavy barrel, clip fed and was one of those big 5 auto store branded Marlins. The only reason I mention that is a lot of people say " well there is no 700 you must have missed a number".

12. Nogoat

Nogoat Well-Known Member

I'm thinking any thing that shoots and hits the target, give or take user error.

Sent from my iPhone using Marlin Forum

13. billt

billt Member

[​IMG]

YEAH, BABY!!

14. FordTruck

FordTruck Well-Known Member

My old, beater S&W Model of 1917 made in 1918.

[​IMG]

15. Hillbilly

Hillbilly Well-Known Member

My marlin 1895gbl 45/70 government
    It's a Blast to shoot literally
    ImageUploadedByMarlin Forum1407192848.862498.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Marlin Forumrr rruygopgyrutiin boho ipook

16. Mauserhooked

Mauserhooked Well-Known Member

Main gun on the M60A1 tank. Thank God the taxpayers paid for the rounds. Also enjoy plinking with an SKS.

17. DUTCHS

DUTCHS Well-Known Member Supporting

S&W 460 XVR...We're talking fun here!!! photo 1 (19).jpg

Snapshot 1 (9-6-2013 11-35 PM).png

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  18. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

16 inchers on BB64.

19. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

DUTCHS, that's what you call a horrendous flash! That's cool.

20. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

Good Lord that`s a hand cannon