Marlin Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
909 Posts
I've bought, sold, and traded since I was 21 and now that I'm middle-aged, retired, with grown kids who don't have the interest, I'm thinking it's time to really "clean safe" and start whittling things down to the ones that I really want to keep - the bank account would certainly enjoy all the new found friends! Of course, I still haven't gotten that 375 H&H I've always wanted and every so often I see on-line a used Merkel double or Rigby up for sale...

· Premium Member
909 Posts
I take that "cut from the same clothe" as a high compliment Grey! As far as expensive taste, I bought some guns over the years as investments after getting hit hard one year in one of our retirement accounts. They say that you should always invest in what you know and the Lord has blessed me with a number of gun purchases that, based on the current market prices in my area, have proven to be very good investments - nothing crazy, but 5 times my money more than makes me happy. The Merkel and Rigby were mentioned tongue-in-cheek but realistically I'm thinking new CZ or possibly used Ruger Magnum Safari or Kimber Caprivi - if and after I cull the current herd. Funny how we become so attached to things made of blued steel and walnut.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.