Marlin Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,966 Posts
My son very seldom sells a gun unless he has one that he just doesn't like.
Me on the other hand, have bought, sold & traded guns for 47 years, My father & grandfather were horse traders, I guess it's just something that I enjoy. Out of 300+, I can only think of 5-6 that I kinda miss. One that comes to mind was a Marlin Mod. 62 (M1 30 Carbine) and another was a 6" Blued Colt Python.
To each their own, whatever makes your flag fly.

· Registered
1,966 Posts
I've bought, sold, and traded since I was 21 and now that I'm middle-aged, retired, with grown kids who don't have the interest, I'm thinking it's time to really "clean safe" and start whittling things down to the ones that I really want to keep - the bank account would certainly enjoy all the new found friends! Of course, I still haven't gotten that 375 H&H I've always wanted and every so often I see on-line a used Merkel double or Rigby up for sale...
Sounds like you & I are cut from the same clothe.
Except; It seems that you've got more expensive taste. (375 H&H, Merkel or Rigby)
I feel the joy of something new or different and I like spreading the joy with friends & others.
I really would like to simplify my inventory but it's not easy because there are "too many" favorites in the mix. Often times, I sell one and buy 2 more. Go figure. I just sold my NEF Survivor 45LC/410 and bought 2 Kel-Tec Mouse Guns. Both at 60% of MSRP and no paper work, I just couldn't resist. At the same time, I bought a Beeman Pellet Rifle w/a scope for $20. I guess I'm addicted.
As my health continues to deteriorate, the want/need factor will go down and purging will become easier. Until that day gets here :p :) :p. I'm gonna carry on doing what I do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.