Soldier Memorial Watch

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by FOUR4D4, Jan 10, 2015.

1. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

People need to show some respect

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mzTsCN7mNs[/ame]

2. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member

Too bad they didn't have live ammo to silence the jokester permanently. {SMH}

3. straightshooter

straightshooter Well-Known Member

When you get a guard of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier to reprimand you then you know you have been totally disrespectful. That's the problem in this country now, to little respect for its heritage and history.

4. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

The soldiers gave their life for the country, the no good hecklers should have gave their life to be a lesson to others that want to be disrespectful.

5. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Some people forget that Arlington is not a tourist attraction but a resting place for heroes.

6. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

I see this at sporting events and other gatherings where the National Anthem is played. Not just kids but adults who dont remove their covers, stand at attention, keep talking or just ignore the whole thing. Also as funeral processions go by. People here still pull over and sit while the procession is going by.

One thing I learned (young) a male dosnt come to the dinner (breakfast or supper either) table with his cover on. It was quickly removed or I should say You were removed from under it .....:eek: It irks me to see people in a resturant eating with their covers on.

I never enter someones house with my cover on. As with many years of service Marines are NEVER covered indoors unless "Under Arms". They should also be removed when addressing a Lady.

7. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Amen,Amen!!!

8. rm_mdl60

rm_mdl60 Well-Known Member

I saw the changing of the guards on my 8th grade trip (90's ish) walked arlington cemetery it was alot to take in I can tell you it is alot different now with kids we were pretty quiet!

9. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member

I chaperoned my daughter's 8th grade class on their week long field trip to Washington DC, and was one of seven adults who were watching 53 kids. (I had to count the kids daily to and from all DC events, so I remember the number well!) When we went to Arlington National Cemetery, I told the kids that the first peep out of any kid would result with them sitting in the bus for the rest of the day. They knew I was dead serious, and all were very behaved, to the point that I was very proud of them.

10. Mauserhooked

Mauserhooked Well-Known Member

Good for you, havasu! Children need to start learning respect at the earliest age possible. Hopefully, a lesson they will never forget and will pass along.