Marlin Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Well, I kept my promise. Last year my son wanted to go deer hunt'n. Being extremely over weight, I told him I'd have to loose a bunch of poundage. 90 pounds lighter, we went out this morning. Seen 2 doe and a possum on the way to a friends property. He lasted 5 hours in the woods..... mostly sleeping. He had a little sore throat and cough. By the time we left coughing was a bit more. We didn't see any deer but did see plenty of squirrels :) He didn't feel up to going out this afternoon with me. When I arrived home he's bundled in a blanket with a low fever. So decided on keeping him home tomorrow, and now looking for a spot for regular season in November.
I'm happy for the both of you!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I turned 50 last March. I haven't hunted in 22 yrs,until recently. I'm very thankful my son peaked my interest again. I learned by trial and error....mostly error. Not scouting. My brother ( step) took me a few times and those are some of the best memories in my life. He was killed in a fight in 2012.... I find my self thinking of those days lately when hunting with the boy :) He always said..." sit and listen, nature will talk to ya" It took a few yrs to understand..... but she does talk . We just need to understand her language.
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope the other guy is in prison.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.