Spring in your Area?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Shooter, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Rooster59

Rooster59 Well-Known Member

Seems like spring got here a few weeks ago. We've had temps in the 80's for well over a week and in the 70's for a while before that. Weatherman said this morning that our typical high this time of year is in the middle to high 50's.

We have radishes that sprang up last week in the garden, the greenhouse is full of cabbage seedlings busting through the dirt in trays, but we're still waiting for the jalapeno and tomato seeds to make a showing.

They got a little extra watering inside the greenhouse last Wednesday afternoon. We got a 20 minute hail storm with quarter sized hail. Looked like we had 1" of snow in the yard. The clear roof panels in the greenhouse have about 100 holes in them. Same way with the house vinyl siding on every exterior wall facing south including the chimney. Now we're waiting for the insurance adjuster to call. At least the truck and car were in their respective shelters. If it ain't one thing...............

Oh yeah, and the ticks are already on the prowl. Just ask my dogs.

2. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

We got a spring storm all night. It was loud, left a lot of water on the ground, and was over quickly.

I was going to start a fire and roast hot-dogs and marshmallows last night but had to put it off.

3. Rooster59

Rooster59 Well-Known Member

Sorry about your hot dog roast but it seems like the rain was pretty important for your neighborhood.

4. Shooter

It was and we are grateful for it.

Got to do the roast last night. Worked out just as well.

The blue bonnets are getting huge. It's really a wonder to have flowers everywhere.

When I travel out of state I'm always surprised by the lack of them.

5. linne1100

linne1100 Active Member

it`s been in the 70`s and 80`s here in indiana for the last couple of weeks.....I really can not remember a warmer finish to winter here or a warmer start to spring. I`m hoping this doesn`t screw up the turkey season round here !!

6. Shooter

We barely even had a winter. I miss it. I like the cold. It makes the 110 summers feel more bearable.

7. agrotom

agrotom Member

I live in NE ND and we have had the best winter ever!!! March is usually a stormy month for us with temps in the 0 to -10 range but these past few weeks it has been 50 to 70+ range. Great riding weather and two months early!! :D

8. PackinPreacher

PackinPreacher Well-Known Member

It's been more like summer in northern Michigan but we are finally supposed to fall back to reality tomorrow. It's been anywhere between 72 and 85 degrees for over a week lately.

9. Fomdiddle

Fomdiddle Well-Known Member

Hey Austin, those are referred to as "tube steaks" around here.:D Fom

10. Shooter

I didn't want to make that assumption since I don't know which animal they came from.