Steel Scope Bases For Marlin X-7 Short Action ?

Discussion in 'Other Marlin Rifles' started by billt, May 31, 2015.

1. billt

billt Member

I just ordered a new Marlin Model X-7 in .223 today. I should have it Tuesday. I know they include a scope base, but I'm looking for steel bases rather than Aluminum. My question is will bases for a Winchester Model 70 short action fit? Or is the screw spacing different? Not too much is listed for the X-7. I'm thinking of the Warne 2-Piece steel bases, along with Warne rings. I would also be happy with a one piece steel Picatinny base. Also, is the screw spacing the same for XL-7 and XS-7?

2. Nogoat

Nogoat Well-Known Member

I think them 700 might fit

3. billt

billt Member

I went to Cabela's and they had a set of 2-piece Warne Steel Bases, along with a set of Burris Signature Zee Rings with the plastic inserts. The short action Marlin X-7 takes the same bases as a Winchester short action Model 70. The cheap Aluminum one piece base that came on the rifle came right off. It looked like Marlin used some type of thread adhesive. But whatever it was, it didn't hold worth crap. I cleaned everything and soft assembled the bases and rings on the rifle. I'm not going to Loctite anything until I get the scope, because the bases are reversible, and I want to make sure how they'll sit with the scope. Then I'll get out the blue Loctite and torque everything down good and tight.