Marlin Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning! I have a stevens favorite in 25 rf. I would like to convert it to a 22lr. Has anyone here done that or know anyone that has? I feel like I could buy a stevens favorite in 22lr for less money. Ideas?

·
AKA Richard Prestage
3,538 Posts
To a good machinist, this would be a challenge, but not impossible (I don't think). My question is , why change it? Is the barrel shot out or something? I don't think I have welcomed you to the forum so, Welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! No the barrel is fine. It's the ammo. 25 stevens is very hard to find and expensive also. I can't find new ammo and the old ammo is around 3 dollars a round at best.

·
AKA Richard Prestage
3,538 Posts
I've never heard of that calibre! Another reason to leave it as-is.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
JMHO, I would leave it original and hang it on the wall as a conversation piece. It will only increase in value and another 22 rifle isn't that expensive.

·
AKA Richard Prestage
3,538 Posts
JMHO, I would leave it original and hang it on the wall as a conversation piece. It will only increase in value and another 22 rifle isn't that expensive.
What he said!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are correct. Thank you for the advice. I will just hang it and continue to shoot my 39a Mountie!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts