Marlin Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought my 10 year old son a Marlin 60 for Christmas this year. after figuring out that it likes to run spraying oil out of the action wet, he loves it, but the stock is a little on the long side for him. i do not have a problem cutting a stock, to make it fit a person. i had to do it to my Remington 700, and i am 6'2"! who they make that for, i do not know. anyway, since this stock has no scratches on it, and he will certainly grow more, i would like to buy another stock, to cut down. will all model 60 stocks fit the rifle he has? Marlin has been making this rifle a LONG time, and i am sure they have made at least one change somewhere along the line. also, are the Glenfield stocks the same?

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
as far as i know, most of the stocks for the M60 will interchange. even Boyd's show that the LSHO feature has to be trimmed out on their stocks. as cheap as the rifles are, i would look for a scratched up used one for cutting shorter and leave the nice one alone for putting back on when he gets older.
that is exactly what i was thinking. a $20.00 or so stock off from ebay, chop it and refinish it. when he is fully grown, he will have a nice new stock to put back on.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
this is our first Marlin 60, and having many other rifles, i know where you are coming from. most firearms need very little lubrication. i have cleaned this a couple of times, tearing it down all the way as far as disassembling the action and bolt. i smoothed all the rough spots i could find. so either i missed one, or something is a little tight on the tolerances someplace. as long as it will run, wet as a duck underwater, i will be happy to clean it up after shooting. i am sure whatever it is will break in, and then it will not need to run wet. it only has a few hundred rounds through it so far. but trying to shoot a semi-auto that works like a single shot is pretty frustrating, especially to a young man. so as long as it will work wet, i and he are happy with that. i clean everything directly after we are done shooting. because that is how i was taught, and it is what i am teaching him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.