Marlin Forums banner

Stormy Weather

3K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  28Shooter 
Below ground is the safest place. If in a basement go to the North East corner. A room in the center of a house with no windows. A bathroom has saved many. get a mattress and cover up with it. A storm shelter underground is best. However I have seen houses (with basements) that are totally gone, just a hole in the ground left. Nothing is 100%. Downed trees and powerlines cause many injuries and death.

Another strong system coming in this afternoon. Out of Oklahoma and headed North East as most do here also. A threat of tornadoes in this one. Some clearing over the weekend, and then more early next week. We do need the rain. Around here moisture way down still. I've had my first two shooting matches washed out in Oklahoma and Kentucky. Maybe the 8th of April in St. Louis ..... :mad:

Not 1800 quite yet and we've topped 6". Still going steady. Its gonna warm up some overnight and fire up the "Big Stuff". Lots of flooding down around Springfield and people are having to leave the homes around lakes and rivers.

This gonna mess up your RV trip Monday?
Still planning on going. Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Friday look Ok. Some rain Wend. Will probably go over latter today and check out the park. Im sure the lake is up but only the lower tier spots maybe will be wet. The spot I have is up on the top tier so will be ok. Rain supposed to slack up today. Not raining now but still thunder and lighting around. The weekenders will be pulling out today, if they even came .... :eek: My site was reserved thru today so will see if they are still there.

Another 2.5" last night. Along with the 1.25" the day before all this started and almost 10" in 72 hours. Grand daughter was out picking up fish that washed out of my pond yesterday. They have opened up the flood gates from Beaver lake and lake Tannycomo is rising fast. Many businesses and homes in Branson are under water with more to come today as the flood control dams are releasing water. I would never live below one of them. Good thing I couldnt get a camping spot on the river this week. Main storms have moved east now.

Went over to the lake this afternoon. As I suspected the lower tier camping sites were either under water of had water lapping up onto them. My site is 4 tiers up, high and dry. Today Lake of the Ozarks dam opened some of their flood gates. Bagnell dam along with Lake of the Ozarks is privately owned by an electric company.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.