Taurus / Rossi Firearms

Discussion in 'Other Marlin Rifles' started by SHOOTER13, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

So it does qualify as a pistol?

2. Leverdude

Leverdude Member

Interesting thing about that series, if you look at hs cartridge belt its always got 45/70 cartridges in it. A mighty tight fit in a Win 92 I'd bet. Interesting gun but I cant invent an excuse to get one, I do LOVE my 92 Rossi 357 though.

3. Leverdude

Leverdude Member

Yup, thats how theyre manufactured & sold, put on a full length buttstock & your a felon unless you swap in a 16"+ barrel & even then maybe. I'm fairly sure they dont like you turning a pistol into a rifle but I could be wrong.

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

The .45-70 cartridges McQueen had were just for show...most people watching the show just saw the massive round and thought that's what the gun was chambered for...( of course, WE know better...! )

And yes, the Ranch Hand is marketed as a pistol...and cannot be changed back to a rifle. If you wanted to take a Winchester M1892 and cut it down to make it a mare's leg, you would have to get a $200 stamp, which gives BATFE freedom to "visit" you at ANY time.

5. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

Leverdude is right. they are manufactured as pistols because if they were rifles they would be an SBR which would mean having to get a tax stamp from the BATF to own. by making them new and classifying them as pistols, they are exempt from this and anyone can buy them without a stamp and fee to the BATF. i don't think you can legally put a longer barrel or stock on them either. because they are classified as pistols. same legal rule as you can't take a M94 rifle and legally make a Mare's Leg out it because then it's an SBR.

6. Shooter

That was my thought, just confirming.

7. Shooter

Have any action shots of it yet?

8. DUTCHS

DUTCHS Well-Known Member Supporting

Sooooo, I bought this beautiful new levergun in the picture. I damn well just love the gun. It is a Rossi/Legacy Arms .454 casull . I have looked high and low for any information at all on the breakdown for cleaning and any after market stuff like a nice new light trigger but I can find NOTHING except a guy found a maual for basic field strip so i can at least clean it. Does anyone here have any experience with this gun or know where i can get info. or after market stuff ??? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

0203131716.jpg

0203131716a.jpg

0203131717.jpg

0203131719.jpg

9. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

Omg!!!

Shooter, just don't shoot yourself in the foot spin cocking it.:D

10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

That won't happen hombre...but thanks !

11. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Well-Known Member

12. R.Ph. 380

R.Ph. 380 Well-Known Member

Nice toolwork. If Texas passes open carry, I'm gonna order some leather from you, Mr. Moderator.

Bill

13. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Beautiful. That takes artistic talent with an eye for detail!!!!

14. duster066

duster066 Well-Known Member Supporting

We're here to serve our gun toting friends desires for leather.;)

15. 1894

1894 Well-Known Member

Here ya go Dutch , order his dvd it is highly recomended.

http://www.stevesgunz.com/

16. DUTCHS

DUTCHS Well-Known Member Supporting

Wow!! Thanks Hyph, and 1894...That has everything I need. Very much appreciated.