Banned
7,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
the video

Warning not for PETA or tree huggers.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Heard about it elsewhere. My first deer was a big doe that I hit at 80 yards right between the hams, smack in the middle of the spine. I had a 20 ga shotgun and the slug crippled her back end and blew a hole straight down the spine and out the tip of her tail. She bellered until I could get out of the treestand and get to her and put one in the neck. My brother said I walked out to the end of the limb and grabbed one from above and just rode it to the ground from about 15 feet up. I don't remember. But I got the doe. And I never wounded one since. I never want to hear that screaming again. A rabbit is bad enough but a big ol doe...nuhuh!

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
You sorta feel bad for the deer.But that's nature

·
Premium Member
3,356 Posts
Yep,it's a gruesome way to die. But yet treehuggers think Hunters doing it quickly with a bullet (in most cases I mean) is cruel.:rolleyes:

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think if I heard and saw a deer suffer that much after a shot hunting,I wouldn't hunt.

·
Registered
760 Posts
That's when a home owner wishes they owned a rifle.
Did you hear them say "quick call somebody"?
Now they might wonder if this wasn't a bear attacking a deer but an intruder bad guy attacking their sibling. Call somebody? People need to wake the hell up in times like this your only defense will come from yourself being armed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts