·
Registered
582 Posts
Pistols

Reactions: Goldtrigger

·
Registered
582 Posts
Close up of the Beretta Centurion in the lower left of my four Beretta photo. Wilson short reach trigger and low profile single sided decocker/safety, D spring, Wolff INS version trigger spring, Beretta factory oversize mag release and Beretta low profile aluminum grips. Can't really tell from this picture but the slide is ceracoked OD green. My brother had the ceracoke done, this was his duty gun when he was on the street.

Reactions: Goldtrigger

·
Registered
582 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Nice model 13, 3" good carry size and I bet very accurate.

Nickel is not my thing, but I appreciate that revolver

·
Registered
582 Posts

2nd Generation Stainless Steel version of the classic Model 39, which morphed into the Model 59, then evolved into the alloyed framed Model 459 and blued steel Model 559...manufactured between 1981 and 1988.

Shown with home-made Zebra Wood Grips, ambidextrous safety and sporting adjustable sights over a 4" barrel chambered in 9x19mm Parabellum with a magazine capacity of 14 rounds.

A true masterpiece...
My dad carried a model 59 as off duty, when he retired in 1986, he went with the 659 for carry.

·
Registered
582 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm looking for a S&W Model 66, up through -5 with a 4" barrel. Hopefully pics to follow.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Ruger 22/45, commonly called the MKII 22/45, but actually just the 22/45. Bought new in 1999.

I drilled and tapped for the Ruger low profile rail and cut it off at the length on the receiver part so it didn't extend over the barrel. Added Williams fire sights and an Ed Brown 1991 extended magazine release. It tried to drill and tap the mag release button but that stuff is hardened, so I used JB Weld. I removed the detent and spring from the bolt release so it will slingshot the bolt forward on reloads. No internal modifications other than my own smooth and polish of the internals. Lastly I had a set of molded grips made to go over the fixed polymers frame. I drilled through holes and used self tapping screws and blue locktite on e grip screws. I have three 22/45 magazines and one MKIII 22/45 magazine all with the Tandencross +1 magazine bumpers. Just a really fun little rimfire to shoot.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Also, made an appearance in "Firefly" used by Zoe.

Reactions: FordTruck

·
Registered
582 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
New Smith & Wesson Model 66-8 Combat Magnum

Bill Jordan collaborated with S&W on the original .357 Combat Magnum for 1955 which became the Model 19 Combat Magnum released commercially in 1957.

The Model 66 was released in 1970 as the all stainless Model 19 and continued in production through the Model 66-7 which was discontinued in 2005. S&W reintroduced the Model 66-8 in 2014 with the 4.25" two piece barrel, glass bead finish, red ramp front, white outline rear sight and contrasting control hardware.

I bought this to transition to revolver for IDPA for next season. I shot 4 cylinders when picking it up and am very happy. There are potentially 2 cosmetic issues, but I'm not going to send it back to S&W unless there is a problem. I plan to shoot this revolver a lot.

·
Registered
582 Posts
My first revolver was a brand new S&W Model 19-3...K-Frame pre-lock Blued 6" barrel with:

TT ( Target Trigger ) TH ( Target Hammer )

RR ( Red Ramp ) WO ( White Outline ) <==adjustable sights
The big question - do you still have it?

I dislike the lock on this one, but it is a "competition" and range gun. If the lock malfunctions, I re-shoot the stage. I don't envision concealed carrying for this revolver, I'm happy with my J Frame.

·
Registered
582 Posts
The S&W 66-8 and the Inox Beretta 92FS Compact L Type M

·
Registered
582 Posts
Top, Middle, Bottom
N, K, J
6", 4 1/4", 1 7/8"
1982, 2015, 1979
Highway Patrolman, Combat Magnum, Chiefs Special
.357 Magnum, .357 Magnum, .38 Special
6, 6, 5
Woods, IDPA, Everyday

·
Registered
582 Posts
This is a K38 Combat Masterpiece from 1953. Square butt, 4" barrel, s/n K 194xxx. There is no model number stamp, just assembly numbers on the frame and the yoke. The s/n is also on the cylinder and the barrel. It needs a good cleaning and has been in a leather holster for a very long time. The cylinder is extremely difficult to move open like the yoke is just gummed up. While the trigger is very smooth, the reset is weird. It's like there are 2 reset points, if I just go to the first, it's locked up, but then if I release the trigger all the way, it resets and it is fine.

My wife brought it home from work, at the church. The revolver belongs to a family friend who also runs the food pantry associated with the church and he knows I like S&W revolvers (60 from 1979, 6" 28-2 from 1982 and 66-8 from 2015). I offered him $400 for it and he doesn't want to sell but wants me to hold on to it for him. Regardless of him selling it, I offered to disassemble and clean it for him. I'm hoping the cleaning will take care of the stiffness in the yoke when the cylinder is opened and improve the trigger reset.

They started in 1899 as the K frame M&P 38 (Military & Police) but in 1947 evolved to the K38 Target Masterpiece which were standard with 6" tapered barrels. The FBI wanted a 4" version with a heavy barrel and Braughman front sight like this one and they started in 1949. In 1957 it was renamed the Model 15 and stayed in production as the 15-8 until 1999. The "dash" numbers designate engineering changes. The 15-9 was a limited production run in 2002 and the 15-10 was re-released 2011 under the classics line and is still in production. The Model 67 is the stainless version introduced in 1972 and is still in production.

·
Registered
582 Posts
S&W Model 15-3 serial number puts it at 1975. Three screw, square butt, 4" barrel, target hammer and target trigger. A guy at work calls me out to the parking lot on his last day and gives it to me in pieces. The cylinder freely turns when closed and he can't fix it. He also broke off the side plate screw under the stocks. I have ordered a new oversized hand and oversized cylinder stop. I'll try the cylinder stop first, it looks very worn and the hand doesn't appear to be too bad. I'm thinking replacement S&W service stocks for it or maybe go for the taget stocks, when I get it running, I'll try the service stocks for the K38 a few posts back.

Some wear on the right side of the barrel, a few scratches on the sideplate and all over the cylinder, but hey, it was free.

·
Registered
582 Posts
S&W Model 15-3 serial number puts it at 1975. Three screw, square butt, 4" barrel, target hammer and target trigger. A guy at work calls me out to the parking lot on his last day and gives it to me in pieces. The cylinder freely turns when closed and he can't fix it. He also broke off the side plate screw under the stocks. I have ordered a new oversized hand and oversized cylinder stop. I'll try the cylinder stop first, it looks very worn and the hand doesn't appear to be too bad. I'm thinking replacement S&W service stocks for it or maybe go for the taget stocks, when I get it running, I'll try the service stocks for the K38 a few posts back.

Some wear on the right side of the barrel, a few scratches on the sideplate and all over the cylinder, but hey, it was free.
The oversized cylinder stop and oversized hand arrived today. It took about 3 minutes of fitting for the cylinder stop and then I put it back together with the original hand. Works perfectly. $30 shipped part and I am good to go. Now I just need some stocks. It either gotta be regular target or finger groove combat.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I decided on service stocks for my free S&W 15-3 and they were under the tree this morning!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Can't go wrong with older S&W revolver

Reactions: FOUR4D4
1 - 20 of 20 Posts