Marlin Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,356 Posts
squirrelhunter; You're a bad, bad influence. The photo of the T/C G2 has sparked the desire to buy a set of grips and a pistol barrel for my T/C G1 Carbine. Naughty, naughty. ;) ;) Time will tell but I'm checking the internet for prices.
The reason I bought the Contender was because it was pretty with the Tiger Maple Stock plus the fact that I regretted selling 2 Contender Pistols back in the late 70's. I had 2 Contender frames with different grips & 6 different barrels. Actually, I had harvested a deer in Pa. with the 30-30 barrel. Great memory.
I've got 2 frames,1 for rifle and 1 for pistol,just to make sure everything's good legally ;). I've got 3 rifle barrels,1 in 45 cal. muzzleloading,and right now just 2 pistol barrels,I sold a couple several years ago. I love the versatility and would like to get another pistol barrel in either 7-30 waters or maybe 1 in a JDJ caliber.

·
Premium Member
3,356 Posts
Here's my H & R .22lr/.22 mag combo revolver.

My Ruger SR40c with laser sight.

My Bersa Thunder .380 with Crimpson Trace laser grip. It's a little dusty from being in my ankle holster.

·
Premium Member
3,356 Posts
I enjoyed my 30-30 Contender. It was a 10" barrel. The recoil was tolerable but most of all was the muzzle flash and the way the ground trembled under foot when it went off. Impressive to say the least.

For now, I'm looking at a grip & forearm combo. Will most likely go for a 44 mag. barrel to complement my Browning mod. 92. Don't need to add another/different cartridge to my inventory. Another cartridge would require another set of Dies, bullets, powder yada, yada, yada. :eek: Gotta draw the line somewhere. Gonna hold off for awhile. Too many medical, prescription & dental bills right now.
That's the reason I haven't gotten the barrels yet,money for it and all the reloading stuff. Seems like every time I turn around I'm buying more stuff. Other than the 44 mag rifle barrel I got for it last,about all the guns I've gotten in the last 10 years or so required getting new dies and everything else. Besides,I don't really need a 7-30 Waters,the 35 Rem. does great,just thought it would be nice to have more choices,as if 4 isn't enough.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts