The Handgun Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Other Guns' started by FOUR4D4, Jul 28, 2015.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

The Pistol Makarov (PM) is a medium-size, straight blowback action, frame-fixed barrel handgun. In blowback designs, the only force holding the slide closed is that of the recoil spring; upon firing, the barrel and slide do not have to unlock, as do locked-breech design pistols. Blowback designs are simple and more accurate than designs using a recoiling, tilting, or articulated barrel, but they are limited practically by the weight of the slide. The 9x18mm cartridge is a practical cartridge in blowback-operated pistols; producing a respectable level of energy from a gun of moderate weight and size. The PM is heavy for its size by modern US commercial handgun standards, largely because in a blowback pistol the heavy slide provides greater inertia to delay opening of the breech until internal pressures have fallen to a safe level. Other, more powerful cartridges have been used in blowback pistol designs, but the Makarov is widely regarded as particularly well balanced in its design elements.

[​IMG]

Pictured above is my Cold War relic from the year 1961...an East German Makarov chambered in 9x18mm. She actually shoots pretty good for an old timer...

2. SHOOTER13

[​IMG]

Produced: 2000 - 2005
    Caliber: 9 mm
    Action: recoil operated semi-automatic
    Trigger: double-action only (DAO)
    Safety: automatic firing pin block
    Magazine: 10-round
    Frame: polymer
    Grips: plastic Sights: fixed 3-dot
    Notes: hard chromed bore barrel
    Barrel Length: 3.5 in.
    Overall Length: 6.6 in.
    Height: 4.8 in.
    Width: 1.7 in.
    Weight: 25.7 oz.

3. SHOOTER13

[​IMG]

Produced: 1990 - 2003
    Caliber: .45 Auto
    Trigger: single-action (SA) Safety: grip safety, manual thumb safety
    Magazine: 12-round
    Frame: matte black finish steel
    Grips: black polymer
    Sights: low mount, dovetailed, three dot
    Barrel Length: 3.5 in.
    Overall Length: 7.1 in.
    Height: 5 in.
    Weight: 34 oz.

4. dalefan88

dalefan88 Well-Known Member

Bersa Thunder 380, glock 19 gen4, beretta 92fs, ruger sr1911 and heritage rough rider 22lr.
    ImageUploadedByMarlin Forum1439248166.452192.jpg
    ImageUploadedByMarlin Forum1439248185.230555.jpg

5. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Well-Known Member

Beretta Nano

Attached Files:

6. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

How do you like the Nano? Any issues? Have you shot it compared to a S&W Shield?

7. FOUR4D4

I like the Nano. The 1st 6 magazines would have a FTE (failure to eject or extract)so out of the first 30 rounds were Federal 115 gr. Then I switched to Lawman 124 gr. I was doing my conceal carry permit training the first mag of the Lawman ammo had a FTE. So out of the first 36 rounds there were 6 FTE.

A few weeks later I finished the box of Lawman 124gr with no issues. After working the slide back and forth several times and leaving the gun with the slide locked open for a week.I now shoot 115gr and have over 200 rounds with no problems.

I was originally wanting to buy a Shield but they were no where to be found at the time.

8. SHOOTER13

[​IMG]

This specimen was made in West Germany in 1972...and is chambered in .380 ACP.

The PPK/S was developed following the enactment of the Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA68) in the United States.

One of the provisions of GCA68 banned the importation of pistols and revolvers not meeting certain requirements of length, weight, and other "sporting" features into the United States.

The PPK failed the "Import Points" test of the GCA68 by a single point. Walther addressed this situation by combining the PP's frame with the PPK's barrel and slide to create a pistol that weighed slightly more than the PPK. The additional ounce or two of weight of the PPK/S compared to the PPK was sufficient to provide the extra needed import points.

Because United States law allowed domestic production (as opposed to importation) of the PPK, manufacture began under license in the U.S. in 1945; this version was distributed by Inter Arms. The version currently manufactured by Smith & Wesson has been modified by incorporating a longer grip tang (S&W calls it a "extended beaver tail").

The PPK/S differs from the PPK as follows:

• Overall height: 104 mm (4.1 in)
    • Weight: the PPK/S weighs 51 g (1.8 oz) more than the PPK.
    • The PPK/S magazine holds one additional round, in both calibers.

The PPK/S is offered in the following calibers:

.32 ACP ( 8+1 )
    .380 ACP ( 7+1 )
    .22 LR ( 10+1 )

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  9. FOUR4D4

Look another German handgun of Shooter13.

10. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Really like the Walther PPK/S design. Never owned one but I have owned 2 Hungarian PA-63s. Blow-back design with a fixed barrel. Very accurate. Loved the de-cocking feature and the DA/SA features. Only drawback was the 9X18 ammo availability. Getting hard to find and it is pricy when you do find it. That and the fact that the recoil would bite the web of your hand. The PPK/S in 380 would solve both of those problems.
    Nice pistol.

11. SHOOTER13

You like German handguns FOUR...!?

Feast your eyes on this:

A P38 ...built by Spreewerke GmbH, Metallwarenfabrik, in Berlin/Spandau Germany in 1942 during the second World War.

The Spreewerke inspection stamp consisted of an eagle above the number 88 (E/88), but the first 500 weapons made at the Spreewerke factory had Walther inspection stamps which consisted of an eagle over 359 (E/359) . (My specimen has a serial number of 246 and the Walther acceptance stamp E/359).

The letters CYQ are the code used to designate construction at the Spreewerke plant, which produced around 285,000 units by the wars end.

This specimen is also Wehrmacht stamped with an Nazi eagle over swaztika. The P38 is chambered for 9mm Parabellum and holds 8 rounds in the magazine. She also came with a black semi-hard leather holster that holds an extra magazine.

[​IMG]

Produced: 1938 - 1997
    Caliber: 9 mm
    Trigger: double-action (DA/SA)
    Safety: slide mounted de-cocker
    Magazine: 8-round
    Frame: aluminum alloy
    Grips: black bakelite
    Sights: fixed blade and notch
    Barrel Length: 4.9 in.
    Overall Length: 8.5 in.
    Height: 5.5 in.
    Width: 1.4 in.
    Weight: 28 oz.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  12. SHOOTER13

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hammerless Pocket Type III...Circa 1922...chambered in .380 ACP

FordTruck likes this.
  13. SHOOTER13

[​IMG]

Micro Model chambered in .22LR... 10+1 Capacity...Pictured with a Red Dot Scope

14. SHOOTER13

[​IMG]

Model: 629 Classic

Caliber: .44 Magnum® /.44 S&W Special

Capacity: 6 Rounds

Barrel Length: 4"

Front Sight: Red Ramp

Rear Sight: Adjustable

Grip: Synthetic

Action: Single/Double Action

Frame Size: Large - Exposed Hammer

Finish: Satin Stainless

Overall Length: 10"

Material: Stainless Steel Frame / Stainless Steel Cylinder

Weight Empty: 48.3 oz.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
    FordTruck likes this.
  15. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

When my father died, I received his Colt 1908 Pocket Model. The finish was a little rough from spending many years in a holster and the trigger pull was honorably. The story was that he traded a revolver for it in 1947. It was always loaded and used for home protection. He even carried it with him when traveling on vacations.
    The Colt 1908 was ahead of it's time as far as pocket pistols went in the early 1900s. A fine quality pistol.
    I, in turn, passed it on to my son as a family keepsake.

16. SHOOTER13

I still carry this one on occasion Grey...usually when in my suit / tux.

Last time was the Navy Ball at the Union League in Philadelphia...if people only knew !!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  17. SHOOTER13

[​IMG]

Above is my Factory Nickel Plated S&W Model 13-3 K Frame .357 Magnum...with 3" barrel and Pachmayr Grips...originally owned and carried by a Philadelphia Police Detective, and sold to me by his widow when he passed.

FordTruck likes this.
  18. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

Nice model 13, 3" good carry size and I bet very accurate.

Nickel is not my thing, but I appreciate that revolver

19. SHOOTER13

Am I the only one here with handguns...!?

come on guys...

20. SHOOTER13

[​IMG]

2nd Generation Stainless Steel version of the classic Model 39, which morphed into the Model 59, then evolved into the alloyed framed Model 459 and blued steel Model 559...manufactured between 1981 and 1988.

Shown with home-made Zebra Wood Grips, ambidextrous safety and sporting adjustable sights over a 4" barrel chambered in 9x19mm Parabellum with a magazine capacity of 14 rounds.

A true masterpiece...