The Handgun Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Other Guns' started by FOUR4D4, Jul 28, 2015.

1. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Well-Known Member

It will work im just not sure what caliber it looks like the stock is covering the serial number

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

I built a flintlock pistol from a kit in my youth... .45 caliber if I remember correctly.

My younger brother had a few friends over and it went missing...punched the crap outta him for having friends like that.

Never left anything of mine outside my shackled footlocker again...

3. FOUR4D4

It might be a 45 I will get the calipers out and measure. It has a rifled bore.

4. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

New Smith & Wesson Model 66-8 Combat Magnum

Bill Jordan collaborated with S&W on the original .357 Combat Magnum for 1955 which became the Model 19 Combat Magnum released commercially in 1957.

The Model 66 was released in 1970 as the all stainless Model 19 and continued in production through the Model 66-7 which was discontinued in 2005. S&W reintroduced the Model 66-8 in 2014 with the 4.25" two piece barrel, glass bead finish, red ramp front, white outline rear sight and contrasting control hardware.

I bought this to transition to revolver for IDPA for next season. I shot 4 cylinders when picking it up and am very happy. There are potentially 2 cosmetic issues, but I'm not going to send it back to S&W unless there is a problem. I plan to shoot this revolver a lot.

[​IMG]

5. SHOOTER13

My first revolver was a brand new S&W Model 19-3...K-Frame pre-lock Blued 6" barrel with:

TT ( Target Trigger ) TH ( Target Hammer )

RR ( Red Ramp ) WO ( White Outline ) <==adjustable sights

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  6. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

The big question - do you still have it?

I dislike the lock on this one, but it is a "competition" and range gun. If the lock malfunctions, I re-shoot the stage. I don't envision concealed carrying for this revolver, I'm happy with my J Frame.

7. straightshooter

straightshooter Well-Known Member

Pt92

I wanted another 9mm but with a 5" barrel. I ended up with this Taurus PT92 NIB. It is the clone on the Beretta 92fs.
    I am well pleased with it, It fits my hand very well and shoots surprisingly accurate as well.

Attached Files:

8. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

The S&W 66-8 and the Inox Beretta 92FS Compact L Type M

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

Top, Middle, Bottom
    N, K, J
    6", 4 1/4", 1 7/8"
    1982, 2015, 1979
    Highway Patrolman, Combat Magnum, Chiefs Special
    .357 Magnum, .357 Magnum, .38 Special
    6, 6, 5
    Woods, IDPA, Everyday

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FordTruck likes this.
  10. straightshooter

I hate snakes but I like this Python.
    Ruger GP100 MC but I am no champion.
    Both guns were purchased due to the reports of the really good trigger actions. I had to eat beans for awhile after the Colt purchase, but it has the best trigger action of any revolver I ever shot.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  11. FOUR4D4

I sure would like to have one of those old Colt revolvers,nice Straightshooter

12. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

This is a K38 Combat Masterpiece from 1953. Square butt, 4" barrel, s/n K 194xxx. There is no model number stamp, just assembly numbers on the frame and the yoke. The s/n is also on the cylinder and the barrel. It needs a good cleaning and has been in a leather holster for a very long time. The cylinder is extremely difficult to move open like the yoke is just gummed up. While the trigger is very smooth, the reset is weird. It's like there are 2 reset points, if I just go to the first, it's locked up, but then if I release the trigger all the way, it resets and it is fine.

My wife brought it home from work, at the church. The revolver belongs to a family friend who also runs the food pantry associated with the church and he knows I like S&W revolvers (60 from 1979, 6" 28-2 from 1982 and 66-8 from 2015). I offered him $400 for it and he doesn't want to sell but wants me to hold on to it for him. Regardless of him selling it, I offered to disassemble and clean it for him. I'm hoping the cleaning will take care of the stiffness in the yoke when the cylinder is opened and improve the trigger reset.

They started in 1899 as the K frame M&P 38 (Military & Police) but in 1947 evolved to the K38 Target Masterpiece which were standard with 6" tapered barrels. The FBI wanted a 4" version with a heavy barrel and Braughman front sight like this one and they started in 1949. In 1957 it was renamed the Model 15 and stayed in production as the 15-8 until 1999. The "dash" numbers designate engineering changes. The 15-9 was a limited production run in 2002 and the 15-10 was re-released 2011 under the classics line and is still in production. The Model 67 is the stainless version introduced in 1972 and is still in production.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

FordTruck likes this.
  13. SHOOTER13

Just picked this up from a friend of mine yesterday for $350...

( Yea...awesome price !! )

...and ran two boxes ( 1 Magnum / 1 Special ) bench rested through her this morning...I was impressed with the accuracy at 50 and 100 yards.

[​IMG]

SPECS:

Manufactured: Late 1982
    Action: Single
    Capacity: Six Rounds
    Caliber: .44 Magnum / Special
    Frame: Stainless Steel
    Finish: Satin Stainless
    Cylinder: Unfluted
    Barrel: 7.5"
    Grips: Hardwood
    Weight: 48 ozs.
    Overall Length: 13.4"
    Front Sight: Ramp
    Rear Sight: Adjustable

[​IMG]

14. corndog57

corndog57 New Member

Here's my CCW pistol S&W M&P .40c ImageUploadedByMarlin Forum1447067551.133729.jpg

15. straightshooter

Shooter13 at a hundred yards I would be lucky to see a 1ft square target let alone the diagram on it.

16. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

S&W Model 15-3 serial number puts it at 1975. Three screw, square butt, 4" barrel, target hammer and target trigger. A guy at work calls me out to the parking lot on his last day and gives it to me in pieces. The cylinder freely turns when closed and he can't fix it. He also broke off the side plate screw under the stocks. I have ordered a new oversized hand and oversized cylinder stop. I'll try the cylinder stop first, it looks very worn and the hand doesn't appear to be too bad. I'm thinking replacement S&W service stocks for it or maybe go for the taget stocks, when I get it running, I'll try the service stocks for the K38 a few posts back.

Some wear on the right side of the barrel, a few scratches on the sideplate and all over the cylinder, but hey, it was free.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FordTruck likes this.
  17. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Some more Eye Candy.
    357 Mag., 44 Mag. & 45 LC/410
    All 10" Bull Barrels.

Attached Files:

18. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Added this to my Wish List. Pretty hard to find item.
    Kel-Tec PMR 30.

Attached Files:

19. SHOOTER13

Nice Grey....22 Magnum is a great round...especially when you got 30 of 'em in the mag !!

I own 4 Kel Tecs...a good, solid firearm for the $$.

20. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

I prefer 14" barrels myself. ;)