Marlin Forums banner
101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
S&W Model 15-3 serial number puts it at 1975. Three screw, square butt, 4" barrel, target hammer and target trigger. A guy at work calls me out to the parking lot on his last day and gives it to me in pieces. The cylinder freely turns when closed and he can't fix it. He also broke off the side plate screw under the stocks. I have ordered a new oversized hand and oversized cylinder stop. I'll try the cylinder stop first, it looks very worn and the hand doesn't appear to be too bad. I'm thinking replacement S&W service stocks for it or maybe go for the taget stocks, when I get it running, I'll try the service stocks for the K38 a few posts back.

Some wear on the right side of the barrel, a few scratches on the sideplate and all over the cylinder, but hey, it was free.
The oversized cylinder stop and oversized hand arrived today. It took about 3 minutes of fitting for the cylinder stop and then I put it back together with the original hand. Works perfectly. $30 shipped part and I am good to go. Now I just need some stocks. It either gotta be regular target or finger groove combat.

·
Registered
14 Posts
S&W Model 15-3 serial number puts it at 1975. Three screw, square butt, 4" barrel, target hammer and target trigger. A guy at work calls me out to the parking lot on his last day and gives it to me in pieces. The cylinder freely turns when closed and he can't fix it. He also broke off the side plate screw under the stocks. I have ordered a new oversized hand and oversized cylinder stop. I'll try the cylinder stop first, it looks very worn and the hand doesn't appear to be too bad. I'm thinking replacement S&W service stocks for it or maybe go for the taget stocks, when I get it running, I'll try the service stocks for the K38 a few posts back.

Some wear on the right side of the barrel, a few scratches on the sideplate and all over the cylinder, but hey, it was free.

Buy this book if you really like S&W or even if you want to just fix that one properly. I'll post some pics of what I did to a 629-1 on the next post
http://http://www.midwayusa.com/pro...volver-a-shop-manual-book-by-jerry-kuhnhausen

·
AKA Richard Prestage
3,538 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
213 Posts

Picked this up recently, SW 67 and I was pleasantly surprised how nice it shoots and pretty accurate, hitting a pumpkin @ 70 paces.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I decided on service stocks for my free S&W 15-3 and they were under the tree this morning!

Reactions: FordTruck

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
My another 1911.I think my wife likes me. Now I need a group picture with the Ruger 1911.Next is a Colt 1911 in 45acp

Attachments

·
Registered
611 Posts
Hey Marlin Guys and Gals,

Let's see..... Here is a 5" 625.

Later, Mark

Attachments

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Is that 45 acp Mark

·
Registered
611 Posts

Is that 45 acp Mark
Hey 4,

Yep. See if there's another pic........:confused:

Later, Mark

Dang! Stupid confuser will not permit me to post another pic!:mad:

Need a twelve year old kid!:mad:

Ok, now it let me "edit" and "add":eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
611 Posts
Fine Pair

Wood and scope added

Finished product with it's big brother. Didn't need the scope, it's fine without it
Hey LilWoody,

Fine pair!!:)

Later, Mark

·
Registered
760 Posts
I said I wasn't going to buy any more guns but I wanted a S&W revolver. Then I saw this and now I have a big dog S&W. It's a 627-5 pro with an 8 round cylinder in .357. It is accurate and has a nice trigger to boot.
Now I am done buying guns. LOL Fingers crossed.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here is the new 9E with my P95. A weekend impulse buy. I got it Saturday, price tax of $340.

I took it to the range Sunday to give it a workout. After 150 rounds the gun worked flawlessly and seems quite accurate.

101 - 120 of 133 Posts