1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
853 Posts
I was surprised the rifle grouped as well as it did with all the QC issues. I'm still glad all my Marlins are pre-2007.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I thought that the article was based on fact and not just hype. I enjoy third part evaluations especially when they have nothing to gain by what they report. Keeps them honest.
I'm also pleased with my '81 & '86 Marlins. If I buy another, it will be an older model. "Don't mess with success."
Because I don't own a Remlin, I'll not be making comments as to their quality. Just wouldn't be fair.

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
i thnk quality will improve in the future and i believe these to be isolated cases that do need to be addressed by Marlin and Remington. personally i have looked at and have bought the Marlins that have come after Remington bought them. personally i just haven't seen that many quality control issues that many are talking about. that's just my personal opinion and perspective though. i am not saying these issues are not occuring, but i think they are way less than some would have us to believe they are occuring. just my two cents worth on the subject.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The article sums up the current state of Marlin leverguns rather well... I'll stick with the older JM stamped Marlins.

Btw, how do you lose half of a thumb cycling an older Marlin?!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts