Marlin Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello stephen here i custom made a hard chrome romanian ak47 with bulgarian firniture and a saw pistol grip.this is not bumper chrome that peels easily and lays ontop of the metal hard chrome is a multi prosess that binds the chrome into the metal then making it that metal which is satin chrome let me show you.thanks..stephen

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks shooter

i have a friend with the dip tanks with the different metals and compounds and i picked up that ak47 new but the shipping box got wet and it was rusted.i thought i would sand it down and duracoat it.my friend said he only did pistols and could he quote experiment on my gun.since i picked it up so cheap and have 25 other ak47`s i said why not and it came out fantastic.i have had offers from many to buy it but i never saw a truly hard chrome ak47 ever so i am keeping it but it is not tinny bumper chrome now it is the metal and scratch and very rust resistant.thanks for asking shooter..stephen

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Beautiful. I really like the way that looks.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That thing is a beaut
Screw stainless go chrome
lol.i misunderstood you i thought you where talking about screws and i mentioned rivets.where was my head.yes hard chrome is stronger and more tough with the elements also.i could leave it outside for a month and no rust.the bolt would be frozen shut,kick it with my boot all good.what was i thinking..

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
great guys!!!

GUYS I JUST WANTED TO SAY TO THE WHOLE MARLIN FORUM THANK YOU FOR APPRECIATING MY NON MARLIN FIREARMS.YES, I DO HAVE THAT STAINLESS 1895 SGBL IN 45/70 BUT I HAVE POSTED A HALF DOZEN OR MORE OTHER FIREARMS AND OPINIONS ON THINGS AND HAVE GOTTEN MANY FINE OPINIONS AND KIND WORDS AND I JUST WANT TO GIVE MY APPRECIATE TO THIS FINE BOARD FOR BEING SUCH A FINE BOARD,LOL..THANK YOU GUYS..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts