Marlin Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our own administrator's (glock26USMC) police dog "Tyson" has fallen ill, and is now at the veterinarian hospital in critical condition. Please say a prayer for one of our own 4 legged heroes!

·
AKA Richard Prestage
3,538 Posts
Hopefully it's curable!! Prayer sent

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Prayers Sent

·
Administrator
4,502 Posts
Tyson did okay through the night, however he is still constantly vomiting. He is going to have a ultrasound, and hopefully that will shed some light as to what is going on.

I'm heading there in a few to visit him, hopefully I know more when I'm there

·
Administrator
4,502 Posts
Doctor just called, ultrasound shows a lot of fluid, and looks like his intestines are inflamed, which makes them think there is a obstruction, surgery is needed to see, due to all the fluid, if there isn't an obstruction then they would have to investigate to see if something is wrong with his intestines.

I have a feeling, his duty days are over

·
AKA Richard Prestage
3,538 Posts
When are they gonna operate? Soon I hope!

·
AKA Richard Prestage
3,538 Posts
That's great

·
Administrator
4,502 Posts
Update, Tyson is getting stronger every day, still has some healing to do, but making progress

Thanks guys for the prayers and support

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
they operated last night.... surgery went well..... i will get an update when i call this morning at 0900
Glock, did he have a "twisted gut" or an actual obstruction? I saw this a few times when I worked for animal control. I always wondered what causes a twisted gut. An obstruction is from something he ate or a tumor. (that's what I have been told) Any idea what caused the problem?

·
Administrator
4,502 Posts
Yeah, he ingested a large amount of hair somehow, and wasn't able to digest it and it got caught in his stomach, and blocked his intestines

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Big ol doggie hairball. Must have been hanging around them cats too much. Did the vet say it was ok to use hairball medicine as a preventative? Is that stuff available for dogs? Glad your buddy is better.

·
Administrator
4,502 Posts
Tyson is doing real good, he gets his staples out on Friday and with any luck, will be released to go back to work

1 - 20 of 20 Posts