Marlin Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was actually disappointed. The speech was weak, Tim showed off alot of arrogance, and there was alot of Vulgarity said....inappropriate for commencement at a Christian College.
Oh hell, that's a shame. I didn't watch the video clip of the event but I'll have to make sure I do now.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I cuss,an have low morals so I don't hang around christian places o_O:devilish:
That's OK smoggy, I like you the way you are. I just thought Tim acted like a bull in a China shop. It's always best to be polite when your a guest in someone else's house. Then figure out the rules. He didn't do that. Bad on him. 🤨😟

·
Registered
69 Posts
That's OK smoggy, I like you the way you are. I just thought Tim acted like a bull in a China shop. It's always best to be polite when your a guest in someone else's house. Then figure out the rules. He didn't do that. Bad on him. 🤨😟
I agree,when in rome do as the Romans do,showing consideration in most cases is the best way...In most cases.....LOL,guess I should of been a sailor...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I didn't think the speech was bad and the audience seemed to enjoy it.

There's a young lady I really like on social media.
She's religious, gives 10% of her income to charity, and swears like a sailor. I think that's what got me banned.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey now, don't go painting all of us Navy vets with the same brush as that perv. I did manly work on a carrier flight deck but I'd bet that Sluggo was some officer's house boy on board ship..
Cool,what did you do an the big Q is hows your hearing?I see those guys with all the noise an figure from the Jets an stuff it does a job on your ears.............

·
Registered
50 Posts
Cool,what did you do an the big Q is hows your hearing?I see those guys with all the noise an figure from the Jets an stuff it does a job on your ears.............
Hearing is just fine. We all wore hearing protection. I wasn't part of the ship's company that does all the 24/7 flight deck hazardous jobs like launch & recovery. I was in one the the air wing squadrons where each shop (engine mech, avionics, hydraulics etc.) had to supply at least 1 man to the ordnance group to help load bombs & missiles on our planes on the flight deck. It was a temporary assignment until a newer guy in the shop came along. We loaded 250/500/1000# & 2000# blockbusters on the F4's in our squadron. We were a good & efficient team with good leadership. Don't know how I could have ever lifted that kind of weight back then since I can barely lift my own weight now but that's the power of youth I guess.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sounds like a cool job,but then just being on a carrier seems like it would of been an experience to write home about... We just blew stuff up,higher up would issue command an tell us what ordinance in what order an some coordinates,108 howies an 105's did the rest.We had ear Plugs lol...........

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yep! I was just an 18 year old kid on the 1st cruise & didn't really appreciate how awesome & unique it was while I was there but now it's at the very top of my life experiences. Guess that's why they say that youth is wasted on the young.

Hell, I would've loved working on the 105 Howitzers. Those things kick some serious butt for those on the receiving end. Lucky you for getting to fire those things.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts