Marlin Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,966 Posts
Very sweet deal. Don't have a use for a 35 Rem. in this neck of the woods so I'm glad it was you. Couldn't happen to a better person.
"What goes around, comes around" or "What a person sows, yet shall he reap." Just goes to show that a giving person can't out give the Lord.
Very happy for you. That will be a great winter project. Be sure to let us see how it turns out. No doubt that it will be restored to it's previous glory.

That would be a great rifle for a son or grandchild. Just thinking out loud.

· Registered
1,966 Posts
Once you get your reloading stuff, your options will increase greatly.
I traded my 35 rem. and all the ammo/loading components for a Stoeger O/U 20 ga. cause center fire rifles aren't legal for deer in my state and I have a Marlin 30-30 that is more versatile.
Don't know how big the deer are in your area?? I had several boxes of 35s loaded with .357 Hornady 180 gr. XTPs. I thought the 200 gr. pill was a little large for deer. That round shot very well for me. You might want to give it a try??
From everything that I read, the 158 gr. didn't stabilize well in the 35 Rem. so I never tried it.

· Registered
1,966 Posts
Don't know what metal Marlin uses on their 336 receivers. I had a 35 Rem. that needed the bluing redone on the receiver. I used the Van's 3 step Bluing Kit. The finish came out close but never did turn out as I wanted. Had to settle for "close enough". I concluded that it was a hunting tool and not a piece of art, although, my ODC told me to do the best that I could.
If you find the solution, be sure to share it.
Wishing you much success.

· Registered
1,966 Posts
Good shoot'n from a great look'n rifle. That receiver looks great. Can't see the wood so much but it looks rich.
You done good my friend. Expected nothing less.

The trees in the background still have green leafs. Not so much so up here. :))

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.