Marlin Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
730 Posts
I watched 3 videos on tearing it all down. Never went past the lever and bolt before. The best one was by an Aussie, from his accent. Although it was a stainless steel one. His parts were WAY brighter than mine. But did learn all the places to smooth out on the innards. His was a newer one with cross bolt safety and he said ( and showed ) all the places it was rough, and had burrs. Nobody took off the mag tube but it was easy. I also removed the rear and front sight and found that who ever put on the scope base only used TWO screws ..... :(, but they were done with lock tite. I will find two more in my parts drawers. If I don't have any that fit will have to get some more. I am done for the night. First passes with 100 grit is done. Looks 1000% better already. Back at it tomorrow for a full day.

Aussie accent...... Really ?
I can understand most of them !

:D:D:D

· Registered
730 Posts
Lanox the first time used !

I just spray it directly on the metal parts, wiping off the excess.
It will bubble away, penetrating the metal, repeat until it won't take anymore.
Never hurts and "bluing", rubber seals, and or wood.

My rifles are wiped down, with Lanox on a cloth, every time I have them out of the safe.
Before I hunt, I wipe off with a dry cloth.
A can goes with me, every time I hunt, it's kept in my 4x4.
After I hunt, I re-apply Lanox.

Never ever any rust.

Cheers
Bucky

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.