Trigger Kit for XT-22

Discussion in 'Marlin Rimfires' started by SWO1, Jun 1, 2014.

1. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

I will be sending my bolt and trigger housing to Ohio for the Appachee Trigger kit. He takes apart the bolt and polishes the firing pin and striker. From what I have read the bolt is easy to take apart and a BEAR to reassemble. He has made a tool, jig, for the job. I have one of his kits in the Savage MKII and its GREAT. The Savage kit drops right in and costs 58$ (tax and shipping is included) The kit for the Marlin is $38. Flat rate USPS (small box is $5.80 + plus $200 insurance for $4.10) For the $38 he pays shipping and Insurance back to you. The Savage is breaking at 11 Oz. and breaks like glass and with no over travel or wobble. He guarentees pull under 16 oz with the adjustability back up if you want. It goes out tomorrow.

2. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

That sounds like a great deal!

3. GunnerJacky

GunnerJacky Member

I am having no luck in finding any stock kits or any accessories for that matter for my savage shotguns. You are lucky to get it.

4. SWO1

Got the E-mail last night. XT22 trigger housing and bolt were shipped back yesterday. Should be here Tues or so. The Stock trigger would only adjust down to 3.1 lbs. Cameron, my grandson, wants to be on level ground against my Sav MKII and its 11 oz pull. Before it went off put some Federal Ultra Match UM22 down range at 50 yds. Shot under .5" groups so hoping the trigger and bolt work will elevate it.

5. SWO1

Bolt and trigger housing came back today. With some decent weather tomorrow will see how it is. A few pulls on the trigger gauge showed 13.1 oz. avg for 4 pulls.

6. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

How did the test go, Mon? Didja like it?

7. SWO1

Weather didn't clear up and had a family reunion over the weekend. Now have to mow the range and rest of the yard again. Maybe this afternoon. Have to try out the new bench as well as the rifle.

8. SWO1

The Grandson shot the XT with the trigger kit. It was breaking at just over 11 oz. I hate the safety trigger and he does also. He shot a 93 3X at 50 yards with Federal UltraMatch UM22. One shot was a 7 (dropping 3 Points) when he put his finger on the trigger without even looking thru the scope ....... :rolleyes: Then he shot an 8 by not sliding the gun forward in the rest up to the stop. He has shot less than 100 rounds match for score. He has to get consistent with hold, spot weld, trigger control, well all aspects of bench shooting. He can shoot good groups but tracking to a different target for each shot is a whole different ball game. After the session we REMOVED the safety trigger. It now breaks at 7 oz. The gun shoots fine. I put 4 in a tight clover leaf inside the 10 ring all Xs with the safety trigger still in. We will try some different ammo still looking for the "BRAND" for this gun.

Here is Cameron with his XT. I didn't take a pic of his score target and he and I shot it up pretty good.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  9. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Those little XT's are great rifles
    Accurate as all hell.

Cheers Bucky