Marlin Forums banner

Tube fed semi auto 22's

5K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  01Sporty 
#1 ·
Never owned one . Marlin or other brands , what are the highest capacity models out there ?

#6 ·
My 60 holds 17 +1. The older model (1966). Restoring it. Pics coming soon!

#9 · (Edited)
Thanks all :cool: Just thinkin' outloud here , but the one exception to new yorkistans UNsafe laws is for tube fed semi-auto 22 rimfire.
Is that because its not a detachable magazine ??

I bought my first magazine fed rifle ever last year,a 10/22 ruger. Its fun to shoot but I will admit its not as accurate as my old stevens tube feed.

#10 · (Edited)
Is that because its not a detachable magazine ??
Yep , just excepted for tube fed semi-auto 22 rimfires. Existing 10 round detachable mags are ok ( as long as you only put 7 rounds in it :rolleyes: ) . When this gets enacted , no new detachable 10 round magazines ( any caliber ) will be able to be bought in new yorkistan. 7 round max capacity.

#12 ·
The Revelation Model 150 (aka Marlin Model 49) I just acquired holds 17 in the tube. It also comes with a longer barrel (22") to accommodate the longer tube. With the older models that hold more rounds you also won't get the last shot hold open feature. I find I really like being able to just look in there and know it's empty. With speedloaders the number of rounds in the tube isn't much of an issue. I need to take two along to the range so one can be cooling off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.