Marlin Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
345 Posts
Shooter13 , are you sure it was modified ???
First glance it is a dead ringer for the survival / pilots style knife. Shorter blade , more upswept tip , saw back, 6 flat sides on the bolster ..... when compared to the Fighting knife in the OP.
Only reason I ask is when Camillus Cutlery was going out of business I bought one pilot knife made by them for a retail store ( Brigade Quartermaster ) and one that was to be issued but wasn't , off e-bay.
A subtle difference between the two , but look darn close to yours.

· Registered
345 Posts
My apologies if I sounded like I had much knowledge of the knives our warriors were issued or used :eek: And sure had no intentions of discrediting the history your knife.
As mentioned , I just grabbed a couple camillus knifes when the plant was shutting down . Still drive by that place several times / month.
Seems I don't have any good pics on photobucket right now. I'll get some and post them.

· Registered
345 Posts
Yep ,No stamp on the blade on the one I believe was to be issued. Remember , these are from Camillus , not K-bar. Also made in the 1980's .
For retail on the left , issue on the right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.