Marlin Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned
5,719 Posts
K-BAR modified by my deceased friends' Dad...a USMC Lance Cpl during WWII ( circa 1943 Pacific Theater ).

It was the only thing his estranged wife would let me have when my friend Jerry died...all of

his extensive firearm and knife / sword collection went to the highest bidder at an estate sale

that I was told about after it happened. This probably was missed and she thought it was just scrap...

· Banned
5,719 Posts
Shooter13 , are you sure it was modified ???
First glance it is a dead ringer for the survival / pilots style knife. Shorter blade , more upswept tip , saw back, 6 flat sides on the bolster ..... when compared to the Fighting knife in the OP.
Only reason I ask is when Camillus Cutlery was going out of business I bought one pilot knife made by them for a retail store ( Brigade Quartermaster ) and one that was to be issued but wasn't , off e-bay.
A subtle difference between the two , but look darn close to yours.
That is the story my friend told me...a VMI graduate of Military History who had old B/W pictures of his father in WWII Marine uniform with palm trees and sand in the background...also had a Remington Rand pistol he said his father carried...but was not issued. He said a lot of Marines modified knives, bayonets and trench shovels as field expedient tools.

No reason to doubt him, the story, or the knife.

Interested in seeing your knife to compare...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.