Marlin Forums banner

virgin turkey hunt.

7K views 40 replies 10 participants last post by  dads81-DL 
#1 ·
Looks like my wife, son and I will be going spring turkey hunting. I have only been in the woods a few times squirrel hunting with my boy recent,having not been out in about 20 years. We are all excited. Especially my wife. She just recently started shooting, and soon to own her first gun. Mossberg 500 20 ga. They were even the first two , to pre-register for the spring hunter safety course.

#6 ·
I have been turkey hunting for 10 years.People have an attitude about hunting turkey.I ask why they dont hunt turkey and their like if i want turkey i can go to the store and buy one.There is no better thrill than having one sneak up behind you and start Drumming or Shock Gobble

#7 ·
I have been turkey hunting for 10 years.People have an attitude about hunting turkey.I ask why they dont hunt turkey and their like if i want turkey i can go to the store and buy one.There is no better thrill than having one sneak up behind you and start Drumming or Shock Gobble
Those same people eat fish sticks, hormone laced beef, pork, and veggies covered in who knows what......:eek: The only Buck Fever they experience is at the Cash Register.

#10 ·
Those same people eat fish sticks, hormone laced beef, pork, and veggies covered in who knows what......:eek: The only Buck Fever they experience is at the Cash Register.
One of those anti hunting types asked me once why I hunt when I can go to the store...I told them I don`t hunt I harvest organic meat, I wish I had a camera for the look on there face

#11 ·
How do you know if a turkey is a Virgin ??
LMAO...you took the words right out of my mouth oldbrass.

Best of luck on the turkey hunt. We'll need a full report on the turkey and dumplings.

#18 ·
Going on my first Turkey Hunt ever tomorrow. A 53 year old giddy like a little kid. I hope yours went well! Wish me luck?!
Good luck. Ours start on the 22nd . 9 days and counting. We're all getting pretty excited. My brother n law is setting up not far from where they roost. A creek runs diagonal to our left. He says the won't cross a creek. out in front of the blind 50 yrs is a place where they like to dust themselves. And off to our right , a couple hundred yards is an old cut cornfield they go to quiet often. We put out a few sticks planted in the ground to mark yardage for my wife and son. Now we wait to see if the plan comes together :)

#19 ·
Good luck. Ours start on the 22nd . 9 days and counting. We're all getting pretty excited. My brother n law is setting up not far from where they roost. A creek runs diagonal to our left. He says the won't cross a creek. out in front of the blind 50 yrs is a place where they like to dust themselves. And off to our right , a couple hundred yards is an old cut cornfield they go to quiet often. We put out a few sticks planted in the ground to mark yardage for my wife and son. Now we wait to see if the plan comes together :)
Looks like you got a good plan. Hope it comes together for all. As for em not crossing a creek....I've watched them many times DO IT !!!

#20 ·
That's awesome dads! !! We know where these roost. I have a really good pattern on the choke. We are going to follow them in the morning, do decoys, call them and hope it all works as planned. Best of luck to you sir! !!! We will report tomorrow evening! !

#21 ·
Tomorrow morning..15 April...opening day. I'll be out about 0600. I heard a hen cackling close the other day. Think she was nesting. Talked to my nephew yesterday and he says they are scarce at his place also. Don't know where they are hiding out at :confused: I'll set up at my usual spot first thing in the timber and then about 9 or so move over next to a field. Might be overcast and showers tomorrow, but warm.

#26 ·
Tomorrow morning..15 April...opening day. I'll be out about 0600. I heard a hen cackling close the other day. Think she was nesting. Talked to my nephew yesterday and he says they are scarce at his place also. Don't know where they are hiding out at :confused: I'll set up at my usual spot first thing in the timber and then about 9 or so move over next to a field. Might be overcast and showers tomorrow, but warm.
Good luck tomorrow SW. Hope you get in the middle of em.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.