We need a brass bucket

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by oldbrass, Jan 4, 2013.

1. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

I`m curious what shooters that don`t reload do with there rifle brass..please tell me your not throwing it in the trash or in the brass bucket at the range..
    Keep that stuff and someone here on the forum will gladly take it off your hands, myself I`d gladly pay S&H for some 30-30 or 30-06 brass. I`ll bet no matter what caliber you shoot someone here reloads it and wants your brass..Perhaps we need a brass bucket on the forum..You post your brass and I bet it won`t last long..Think of it as recyclyng :rolleyes:

2. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

444marlin brass is hard to come by

3. Rich1028

Rich1028 Well-Known Member

well we have been saving our 30-30 brass so far,but I'm not going to use it.
    how much is shipping from MI. to WA. ?
    I only have around 80 rounds of brass

4. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

If it fits it ships, I`ll take it

PM sent

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  5. duster066

duster066 Well-Known Member Supporting

Totally agree with this. Save it someone will want it. At the HP site we have a brass trading thread. It isn't worth much, but if you have enough lots of folks will make a niffty little trade for it.;) Nearly all of the brass I've been loading and shooting for several years I got in trades, or picked up off the ground. When I have to buy new brass that screws up my cost per round calculations, and I don't like that.:D

6. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

I know that they are in high demand - but I could use some 45 L.C. Brass.
    Wishful thinking on my part.
    I traded for a NEF SB1 Survivor yesterday. It's a 410/45LC.

7. SpeedRock

SpeedRock Member

At the club personally shoot at, rifle brass disappears almost after hitting the ground ! Only exception is 5.56/.223... It's not that those who don't reload won't give it to you it's because there are enough "Brass Rats" that one has to be there when it's actually fired to ask for it. There are some that won't give it up even when it's obvious they're simply hoarding it with no real intention of doing Anything with it. They're the ones who also buy up as much ammo as they can for the same reason - Hoarding ! :rolleyes:

8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

I save all of my brass...even the rimfire.

It will become a scarce commodity real soon...

9. s1120

s1120 Active Member

I also save my RF brass.. Kinda half being because I always like to clean up after my self, and half because... well I have a scrap bucket also, and being I save my normal brass for reloading, the scrap bucket is kinda lonesome....

10. 444Hal

444Hal Well-Known Member

At my range, there's a guy that cleans it up for a living. We are only allowed to pick up what we shoot.