Weatherby

Discussion in 'Other Guns' started by FOUR4D4, Feb 2, 2012.

1. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Weatherby,does anyone own one? I don't but one is on my must have list.
    Any suggestions please post pictures:D

2. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

I don't own one at this time, however, I did a few years back.
    It was a Weatherby Vanguard 270 made by Howa. It was one of the best shooting rifles that I've owned and Howa makes very good rifles. Very accurate!!!
    Considering it is an over the counter hunting rifle, the bolt was very smooth as was the trigger. As I recall, the trigger was crisp. It shot excellent groups out to 230 yards. That is the longest range in my area.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Nope...never had a Weatherby...but given half a chance...!! ;)

4. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

i had a couple many years ago. they are very good rifles. the biggest drawback was the earlier versions came only in the Weatherby calibers, so they were very expensive to shoot if you didn't reload, and at that time i didn't. one Weatherby rifle and caliber i would really like to own is a Mark V in 340 Weatherby Magnum. awesome caliber!

5. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

I had a walnut stocked Weatherby Vanguard in .270 Winchester and the line starts here for people with big boots to kick me in the rearend for selling that wonderful rifle!

6. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Steel toe boots here! :D

7. 28Shooter

The sad part is that I don't even remember what I traded it for!

8. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

I've got one just like the rifle posted by Greyhawk. It is sitting in my safe waiting for the day my grandson is old enough to use it. It should make a great Christmas present when he's about 13 or 14. I've never shot it since I bought it about 5 years ago, maybe I should see if it works.

9. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

i had two different ones years ago, one a 270 Weatherby Magnum and one in 257 Weatherby Magnum. very good shooting rifles. if i bought another Weatherby, it would be chambered in a Weatherby caliber though. one that has me interested is the 340 Weatherby Magnum!

10. 28Shooter

I was in the local gunshop the other day and he had one of those Japanese made-for-Weatherby semi-auto .22s, a Model XXII. Rifle was beautifully made with nice wood and the thinnest barrel I have ever seen. Would love to have bought it but I'm still recovering from my last purchase.

11. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

(
    i know what you mean! too many guns i want, and just never enough money! shame it works out that way.:D:(:eek:

12. Trez

Trez Member

I just have a Mk. XXII... It is the greatest .22 I own or shot... I out shoot all my buddies and their "spiffy" 10/22's :p