What guns are on your wish list for 2012

Discussion in 'Other Guns' started by FOUR4D4, Mar 26, 2012.

1. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Well-Known Member

You aint right :D

2. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

And you call yourself a gunowner...

Only kidding! I figure when I retire and the kids move out, I'll cull the herd.

3. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

no kids, and still ain't culling the herd! plan on buying as many as i can afford and feed them accordingly!:D

4. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Shooter;
    I can relate. I know the guys are just poking fun - but - I've been thinning the herd myself over the past few years. I have reinvested some of the cash into ammo.
    Although, not as thin as yours. There are items on my want list but the desire isn't strong enough to pay full price.
    I have given or traded many in my inventory to my son, gave 2 to my daughter, 3 to my son-in-law and 1 to my granddaughter. Now I can enjoy helping them use them at the range while I'm still here.
    I'm at the age that simple is better. Besides, someone once told me to beware of a man with only one gun. It indicates that he knows how to use it, and use it well.

Grey

5. JohnnyLoco

JohnnyLoco Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  6. 1894

1894 Well-Known Member

Grey , if you have any marlin 39's , would you consider adopting me ?? :D

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Scratch one off...

Just scratched one off of my "bucket" list...a childhood favorite from those black & white cowboy TV series days...

[​IMG]

8. 1894

1894 Well-Known Member

Cool grab Shooter !!!
    How is that one classified ? pistol or short barreled rifle ?

Definitely very fun looking :cool:

9. SHOOTER13

Classified as a Pistol...an SBR would have cost me a stamp !!

10. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Good find!

11. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

congrats Shooter! what was the final cost? i have one on my long list, you know the one, if it comes at the right time, place and right price to buy list!

12. SHOOTER13

That's the best part. Always wanted one...talked about it from time to time, and if I had a friend with me and seen one at a shop or gun show, I would also extol it's virtues. Then, it comes to past that a mutual friend has a friend who has $$ down on one, but has since come on hard times and needs the money back. The gun shop says no refunds...pick it up or default and lose your deposit. I step in with cold hard cash...$200...to complete the deal on a lay-away that already has $350 down on it. I give the guy who needs the money $200. I get the gun for $400. ( The shop gets $200...the original guy gets $200...and loses only $150...which is what I save by helping him recoup some of the money he had down ). WIN WIN

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  13. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

definately win win for both of you. not a bad price for it. i can get one through my LGS for about $530 with tranfer and taxes included. so i would say not a bad price and it's new too. way to go Shooter.

14. 28Shooter

Knocked one off my list - not a 2" Model 10 but it's more flashy brother, a 2" Model 64 (same gun in stainless, not my first choice but she'll due). Dealer will be processing paperwork on Monday/Tuesday and we have a waiting period in Maryland.

15. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

way to go there 28shooter! sometimes we have to make small comprimises!

16. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Way to go 28 shooter. Does it have the wood grips or the formed grips?

17. 1894

1894 Well-Known Member

Congrats 28 :cool: I'm sure pics and range report will be forth coming after the mandatory " cooling off period " and you get it home .

18. 28Shooter

Round butt factory wood. I'll probably fit it with a Hogue Monogrip in Pau Ferro or maybe see if I don't have an extra set of Herretts down in the shop.

19. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

i have decided to trade my 1911 American Classic II to one of my closest friends for his Springfield Armory XD Compact 45acp. now i need to buy another 1911 full size! but the kicker is, with the trade and $500, i also acquire a Weatherby rifle in 270 Win. too. i have had my eye on his rifle for many years now and couldn't believe he wanted to trade it. i was in shock at first, now i'm just tickled to death!

20. 28Shooter

What model Weatherby?