Marlin Forums banner

What guns are on your wish list for 2012

7K views 43 replies 13 participants last post by  DUTCHS 
#1 ·
What guns are on your wish list for 2012 & what guns have you bought already in 2012. (pictures are welcome):D

Thank You Dennis(FOUR4D4)

#2 ·
dang Four! my 2012 list is going to be as big as my 2011 list was!

1. a bolt action rifle in 243.
2. another bolt action in 30-06 to replace the one i traded.
3. a bolt action chambered in 300 Win. Mag.
4. a revolver in 357 Magnum.
5. either find or build a 1911 style pistol in 38 Super.
6. hopefully find another bolt action in 220 Swift.
7. a Winchester M94 in 32 Win. Spl.
8. a single shot rifle in 45-70.
9. a Springfield Armory M1A in 308.
10. of course another 1911 in 45ACP, probably a Commander, might build this one also.

of course there are firearms that are opportunities. those you just happen to run across at a price that just begs you take them home with you!

#3 · (Edited)
I'm in the market for a M1 Garand. With my father have been a S Sargent for the US AIR COR in Guam during WWII

Attachments

#4 ·
Four, the M1 Garand is also on my long wish list. most of them i have run across are just way too expensive for what i'm willing to spend on one. but i would still like to have one, and if the right one, at the right time and price....well, then it might happen.

#6 · (Edited)
#1 on my list is a Henry 22 Rifle.
#2 Marlin 1894C 357 mag.
#3 is a 20 ga. Stoeger Condor O/U.
And maybe a Taurus 22N/22NBP.
Aside from that, anything at the right price. For years I've enjoyed buying, selling & trading. Still do.
Basically, I have everything that I need - including a want list. :))

#7 ·
I haven't bought any new or used guns this year because my wish list is pretty small.
1) A Marlin 36A in .32spl.
2) A Marlin 1893 w/ octagon barrel in .32spl.

#10 ·
So many guns,so little money! :(
I have one . Several years ago I decided I wanted a model 39 for pinking tin cans and the occasional squill. Cheap target practice and the same feel as the centerfire lever actions I hunt with. 4 years ago I thought 75$ was a fair price for a used plinker , 150$ a couple years ago , now any tin can plinker / squill shooter that doesn't look like it was dragged on a rope behind the vehicle that brought it to the store , is asking like 400$ :eek: Seriously , 35 years ago it sold new for 75$ , now you want 400$ for that well used 22 ???? I am a cheap bastid , but paying 2x the price of a nice used center fire rifle for a rough tin can plinker / occasional squirrel shooter is just driving me crazy.

#11 ·
1894;
In a nut shell, that is why I have the Henry on my wish list. A gun shop about 60 miles from here has Henry's for about $269. And they are a fine rifle. I like the 39 but not for the $$$ that people want for them. For now, my mod. 60 does all that I ask of it.

Grey

#13 ·
Just knocked a biggy off my wish list. Got a 1894C 357 on the way. Next up is finish the Mauser project. Then a Bounty Hunter 22/22m to replace the 22 pistols the kids grew up and took away from me.

#15 · (Edited)
I think a 39 goes for a bout $700 :mad: new
Yep , but seeing as the three hunting rifles I use date from 1971 , 1951 , and 1936 , the newest 39 I'm looking for is at least 25 years old ( pre- crossbolt safety ) I'm pretty sure that in 1987 and before the retail price was no where near what the dealers are asking for a well used 1/4 + century old tin can plinker. Even if inflation is added in. I'm not looking for a new in box or perfect condition 22 , I just want to add a 4th space to that rack in my pic.

#16 ·
Nice Marlins Phil If you dont mind me asking why are those guns upside down,Im sure there a good reason for it.

#17 ·
duster how is the Mauser project coming along? post some pictures of it.
Nothing to post yet except a pile of parts and a few tools. When I get everything I need I'll start and finish it as one complete job. The only issue I see is the finish. I'm going to try and tool up to hot blue it. I'll take pics when I start.

#18 · (Edited)
Nice Marlins Phil If you dont mind me asking why are those guns upside down,Im sure there a good reason for it.
LOL , the leveractions are a lot less tippy canoe on the pegs that way , The main reason is that is the front door to the camp and when you grab one off the rack by the receiver it becomes right side up and ready to go out the door. No muss no fuss ;) Never know when you may need to grab one in a hurry , and as the flag says they are hot . An empty chamber , but that's the great thing about a levergun . grab and go and ready with a flick of the wrist if need be.

#24 ·
I have sold all but three rifles and three handguns. I have absolutely no wants
Shooter;
I can relate. I know the guys are just poking fun - but - I've been thinning the herd myself over the past few years. I have reinvested some of the cash into ammo.
Although, not as thin as yours. There are items on my want list but the desire isn't strong enough to pay full price.
I have given or traded many in my inventory to my son, gave 2 to my daughter, 3 to my son-in-law and 1 to my granddaughter. Now I can enjoy helping them use them at the range while I'm still here.
I'm at the age that simple is better. Besides, someone once told me to beware of a man with only one gun. It indicates that he knows how to use it, and use it well.

Grey

#26 ·
Shooter;
I can relate. I know the guys are just poking fun - but - I've been thinning the herd myself over the past few years. I have reinvested some of the cash into ammo.
Although, not as thin as yours. There are items on my want list but the desire isn't strong enough to pay full price.
I have given or traded many in my inventory to my son, gave 2 to my daughter, 3 to my son-in-law and 1 to my granddaughter. Now I can enjoy helping them use them at the range while I'm still here.
I'm at the age that simple is better. Besides, someone once told me to beware of a man with only one gun. It indicates that he knows how to use it, and use it well.

Grey
Grey , if you have any marlin 39's , would you consider adopting me ?? :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.