What I Did On My Thanksgiving Vacation

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by hombre243, Nov 24, 2016.

1. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

I was going to hunt this morning keeping with the tradition I started for myself many years ago. (to get away from all the football and TV Sports.) But the church folks called and said they would be bring me a Thanksgiving dinner before noon. There goes the hunt. Now I am too full to go out there and it is too chilly to nap under a tree. I will hunt tomorrow.

I did my "whenever I can git me one" coon and homemade noodles and roast coon in crm of mushroom soup. I have not made this for quite a few years and surprised myself because everything turned out perfect.

The homemade egg noodles were very filling and for supper, the coon in mushroom soup will go great with mashed potatoes.

The homemade bread blew its' top while it was in the oven but it tastes just like real storebought bread...but better.

I also will be munchin on cauliflower and broccoli with Garlic Ranch dip.

I did enjoy the turkey for lunch but I am salivatin to get back to the coon.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  2. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

I was raised eating coon meat. I like a young fat one in a roasting pan with taters, carrots, celary, and whatever else I can find to throw off in there. I also like it BBQed!

3. hombre243

I remember Dad cookin it once. Over the years I would get one or two a year just huntin squirrels. Now I am learnin to call them. Hopefully I can get a few more before the end of January...well, by the end of the season. Not sure right now. This coon is the first called coon. Young, fat and tender. Not a strong old boar taste. I want to go tomorrow. Callin in the daytime is a challenge but it is doable.

4. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Well-Known Member

I remember eating Possum Pie when I was younger.

:)

5. hombre243

I would try it if I could get a possum. And a recipe.

6. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Don't think I could eat a possum!

7. hombre243

I would eat a coyote if I knew someone else did it first.

8. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Well-Known Member

9. hombre243

Thanks. Looks like that is a bit out of my diabetic diet...except in small portions which I do not seem to be capable of.

I had in mind something like chicken pot pie...possum pot pie, which may be good if possum is edible. I will try coon pot pie next one I get. If I can find a possum and it does not stink too bad I may try that too. How bad can it be? Catfish and hogs are garbage eaters and they taste great.:confused: