Marlin Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I own a Winchester model 70 in .270 win I love this gun a real tack driver! Looking into getting more bolt action rifles:D

·
Registered
853 Posts
That's not just a model 70....it's a Feather Weight. I'm drooling on my keyboard. :D :cool:

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's not just a model 70....it's a Feather weight. I'm drooling on my keyboard. :D :cool:
Thank You Hype. May i ask what is so appealing about the featherweight? maybe i should Google it :confused:

·
Registered
853 Posts
For starters the wood is always beautiful on the Feather Weights. The trimmed down weight makes them carry and handle like a dream. IMHO it is the most attractive bolt action Winchester makes.

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
of all my bolt actions, one of the favorites is the Ruger M77V in 280 Rem. made in 1978. reason is, i had been looking for a rifle in that caliber for over ten years before finding it. finding it in a 26" heavy barreled version was just icing on the cake!:D

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Guess it would have to be my 22 mag. Savage 93 because it's the only bolt gun that I own. So it wins by default.
It has the AccuTrigger. Shoots pretty well with the Balistic Tip Ammo.

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
my Marlin XS7Vh in 308 of course! check the thread i started in the bolt action rifle suforum, under XS7VH 308 Project for information on what i have done to thie rifle. there are also pictures of what it looks like.

·
Registered
853 Posts
My .270 has the most miles on it, but my sentimental favorite is a 98 Mauser action .35 Whelen.

·
Registered
226 Posts
60+ years old

My favorite bolt is a M24/47 Yugoslavian Mauser that I sporterized about 6 or 7 years ago, it has the original barrel and action.
Mfg from 1924 thru 1932 and rearsonaled in 1947-48. So I had a smith weld a bolt handle on it, drill & tap it, and put a low mnt safety.
I sanded and finished the stock myself. It shoots 1-1/4" @ 100 and 3" @ 200 when I do my part. the four wild shots are getting it zeroed, once zeroed, I fired the 7 shot group with 180 grn Nosler Ballistic Tips @ 2600 fps. Barrel started getting hot, but managed three touching. 8x57 mauser
Air gun Plant Tree Wood Machine gun Font Wood Pattern Floppy disk Blank media

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
I will be going into the field this year with my favorite (only) Marlin XL7L .30-06. I'm really excited to take it out and see it perform in the field like it did at the range.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts