Marlin Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it rains it pours! I have the opportunity to buy either a Belgian Browning BAR (the hunting rifle) in 30/06 or a 16 Gauge Remington Model 11 (looks like a Browning Humpback) in excellent condition with all the paper stuff including the hang tags - gun was made in the late '40s. I don't hunt much anymore but I do love to shoot the classics. I'm stymied as to what to do, both would be too much and probably result in a divorce of my untimely demise. What to do?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
When it rains it pours! I have the opportunity to buy either a Belgian Browning BAR (the hunting rifle) in 30/06 or a 16 Gauge Remington Model 11 (looks like a Browning Humpback) in excellent condition with all the paper stuff including the hang tags - gun was made in the late '40s. I don't hunt much anymore but I do love to shoot the classics. I'm stymied as to what to do, both would be too much and probably result in a divorce of my untimely demise. What to do?
Well, here is my vote (& opinion).
A good wife is for a lifetime where-as guns come and they go. I try to keep my wife happy so I have someone to feed me my oatmeal in a few years. LOL
As for my vote on the gun; Belgian Browning's are becoming more scarce and a 30-06 is a popular cartridge. As an investment, I would lean that way.
I would guess that the Model 11 has a plain barrel. If it was a vent rib barrel like the Belgian Browning A-5 that I gave my son-in-law, it would interest me more.
JMHO :))

Grey

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Well, here is my vote (& opinion).
A good wife is for a lifetime where-as guns come and they go. I try to keep my wife happy so I have someone to feed me my oatmeal in a few years. LOL
As for my vote on the gun; Belgian Browning's are becoming more scarce and a 30-06 is a popular cartridge. As an investment, I would lean that way.
I would guess that the Model 11 has a plain barrel. If it was a vent rib barrel like the Belgian Browning A-5 that I gave my son-in-law, it would interest me more.
JMHO :))

Grey
+1 what Hawk said

1 - 6 of 6 Posts