What's For Dinner...!?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by SHOOTER13, Mar 12, 2017.

1. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Well-Known Member

Cornbread Smothered in Butterbeans

:)

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Tonight's Fare:

Roasted Center Cut Pork Loin in sauerkraut with mashed potatoes and brown pork gravy with freshly snapped peas in a garlic butter sauce and hot apple dumplings with fresh creme' for desert. A glass of Cabernet Sauvignon to compliment...

3. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Beans and cornbread are great. Bout time to put on a pot of pintos and the saved bone from a ham.

In grade school in S.W. Virginia they would put on big bowl of brown beans and plates of cornbread with lots of butter. I still love them today. Got to cut up some raw onions and tomatoes on them also.

4. SWO1

Low tech tonight. Some Hot Dogs (not center cut but the edges of the hog, Lips, snout, ears, A$$ hole and whatever. Some sour kraut and probley some fried taters. Some american knockoff of your Frenchie named vino, an old bottle of Thunder Bird I have been saving. Not because its better aged but because it tastes so gall darn awful ...... :eek: But a perfect compliment to the tube steaks.

5. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Fish and hushpuppies with baked beans and tea

6. SHOOTER13

Love a good tube steak SWO1...especially with kraut !!

{Hold the T-Bird...Night Train is best with dogs...:rolleyes: }

Heating up the leftovers...

Roasted Center Cut Pork Loin in sauerkraut with mashed potatoes and brown pork gravy....it was a 13 lb roast.

Another glass or two of Bolla Cabernet Sauvignon for the cook...!!

7. SWO1

I'd take that pork loin, chop it up and add some good Carolina BBQ sauce (venegar based). Slap it on some buns topped with Cole Slaw and some Hush Puppies. Got to have banana pudding for desert. Thats mighty fine eatin.

8. SWO1

sirloin tonight, medium on the grill with a big ole baked tater/lots of butter. A salad and some green beans. And Ice Tea.

9. FOUR4D4

Pierogies and this bundt cake for dessert

Attached Files:

10. FOUR4D4

Oops double post

11. SHOOTER13

That's NOT a cake...that a Polish Stuffed Cabbage Roll...a Gołąbki (Gwumpkie )

My best buddies Mom use to make them...stuffed them with meat ( sausage and/or beef )...rice and spices...in a tomato gravy ( not Italian, but tomato based ) and sometimes used that same mixture to make stuffed green peppers too.

Awesome meal...

12. SWO1

A cake, or roll .... any shape made with cabbage is GOOD. I also use the same filling for cabbage rolls, peppers (green or those long mexican ones). The wife and I think the Marconi green pepper is mo betta than the bell ones, its the ones I grow. Got a flat of them now waiting for good weather to plant.

13. FOUR4D4

I know its not cake its a stuffed cabbage, cabbage roll or my father would call them pigs in a blanket. That cabbage delicacy is made in a cake pan,
    Culinary Arts :D

14. SWO1

No cookin tonight. Will hit the road tomorrow for a match in St. Louis. Will build a big ole samich. Have a foot long roll and will pile on the Salami, ham, some balogna and what ever else is in the cold cut drawer. Some greenery, leaf, and peppers, olives, cucumber, cheese, mayo, salt, pepper, some olive oil and vinegar. I think a Coors would go good with it.

15. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member

I got ya all beat. I had microwaved hot dogs tonight.

16. SHOOTER13

Tonight's Fare:

Leftover Stuffed Green Peppers...made 10...have 5 left.

Gotta pick up more Yuengling Lager... :rolleyes:

17. FOUR4D4

Four cheese lasagna

18. lingr

lingr Well-Known Member

Pizza Hut pizza and breadsticks.

19. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

A picture is worth a thousand calories.

Attached Files:

20. SHOOTER13

Tonight's Fare:

Philly Style Cheese Steaks...Thin Sliced Steak on a Freshly Baked Zarconne Italian Rolls with Caramelized Onions and Mozzarella Cheese on top...

[​IMG]