What's For Dinner...!?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by SHOOTER13, Mar 12, 2017.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Today, Dinner is at the In-Laws...for a change.

I do know this much...Baked Ham, Mashed Potatoes, Corn, Peas or Cauliflower, Biscuits, Sweet Tea.

{ We usually host Easter Dinner...the wife said this year IS their turn !! }

2. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Three of us in the family host different Holiday meals, One Christmas, one Thanksgiving, and us for Easter. The Christmas and Thanksgiving crowed is big, around at least 40-50. Easter is smaller with under 20. The other two have LARGE houses, mine not so much.

3. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Well-Known Member

Ham Broccoli and mashed potatoes with the wife's ever popular cucumber salad, And some carrot cake from left over carrots from the Easter bunny left behind

4. SHOOTER13

Well...looks like I'll be cooking for one the next ten days, as I just seen my wife off to Florida to visit her sister.

So... that being said:

Tonight's Menu:

Seasoned Ground Beef Tacos wrapped in a Soft Taco Shell stuffed with Ice Berg Lettuce, Diced Tomatoes, Cilantro, Diced Green and Red Bell Peppers, Sliced Jalapeno Rings, Tex Mex Blend of Cheeses, Diced Cucumbers, and Black Beans and Corn...sides include Guacamole, Sour Crème, and Salsa.

Wash down with a couple of Dos Equis Lagers...

5. SHOOTER13

Tonight's Menu:

Stuffed Pork Chops baked in the oven with Green Apple Slices...Sauer Kraut over Mashed Red Skinned Potatoes...2 Ears of Sweet Silver Queen Corn on the Cob...and Apple Sauce with Cinnamon.

Since I have two bottles of Yuengling Lager left...why not !?

6. SWO1

Back from 3 days down on the river. We cook all outside and not in the RV.

Monday night just burgers after getting there at 1230 and didnt want a big meal.

Tuesday night steak cooked over the open fire along with Taters, onions, peppers, carrots with some olive oil, garlic powder, salt/pepper wrapped in tin foil and steamed over the fire.

Wendsday night had a Crappie fry, hush puppies and a pasta salad, radishes and small yellow, red, and green peppers fresh. Met 3 families down about 8 sites and they caught lots of em.

Tonight will have ham (left from not eating Wendsday night) with brown rice mixed with onion, mushrooms, butter and garlic.

7. FOUR4D4

Mac and cheese with ham subway sandwich at lunch

8. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member

El Pollo Loco.

9. SHOOTER13

Tonight's Menu:

Two Grilled Chicken Breasts with Provolone Cheese on top...served with a side of Cheese Gnocchi on a bed of Red Chunky Tomato Gravy with Fresh Basil and Oregano. Add a Fresh Sliced Cucumber and Jersey Beefsteak Tomato Salad drizzled with Italian Dressing.

Also a nice glass of Bolla Valpolicella Red.

That's Italian !!

10. SHOOTER13

Tonight's Menu:

A massive T-Bone Steak that I picked up at the butcher yesterday...served with Wild Rice with Sweet Peas mixed in...and two ears of Silver Queen Sweet Corn...cooked on the grill and burner.

{ Picked up a case of Yuengling Lager too !! }

Been thinking about this since last night...can't wait !!

11. SWO1

Tonight a Ham Steak seared on the grill. Baked Sweet Potato and a salad with Romaine and Ice Berg lettuce and cucumber slices. Ice Tea.

12. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member

I BBQ'ed a hamburger patty last night, then placed it on a plate next to some microwaved frozen peas. Also had some instant mashed potatoes with some gravy made from a package and a cup of water. Meal took about 4 minutes to cook and eat, but really good tasting.

13. gasoil

gasoil Member

My daughter cooked chicken on the grill last night. Sit down for dinner and the chicken was still raw in the middle. 4 mins in the radar range took care of it.

14. SHOOTER13

Tonight's Menu:

Swedish Meatballs in a heavy, dark brown Beef gravy...served over large Egg Noodles...with a salad of sliced Cucumbers, Tomatoes, and Green Bell Peppers drizzled in Balsamic Vinegar.

A glass of Cabernet Sauvignon to compliment...

15. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member

Had a nice pizza and a glass of Merlot on a date with mama.

16. SHOOTER13

Tonight's Menu:

Not cooking tonight...decided to go to a little restaurant named "Tony's Place" for a very thin crust Tomato Pie with my daughter.

Looking forward to it...

17. FOUR4D4

Oysters Rockefeller

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  18. SWO1

It was to warm to cook today. The wife and I went to a local restaurant for ALL YOU CAN EAT fried chicken. I could not eat the 1/2 chicken they started with. Mashed Taters and gravy, green beans and a salad, Ice Tea. We shared a piece of Butter Scotch Pie for desert, couldnt eat all of it either.

19. SHOOTER13

Tonight's Menu:

Grilled Chicken Breast sliced into strips and drizzled with fresh honey added to the top of a Salad consisting of Fresh Ice Berg Lettuce, Sliced Giant NJ Beefsteak Tomatoes, Thin Sliced Cucumbers, Fresh Bell Peppers cut into thin strips, Red Onion Rings, Parmesan Croutons, Cranberries and Walnuts...with a light Red Wine Vinaigrette.

Complimented with a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon...

20. SWO1

Chopped Steak (sirloin) grilled patties with some spices (dont know which ones yet), Diced tomatoes/diced green onions/mushrooms and what ever else I find in the frige. Served over brown rice. Ice Tea