What's For Dinner...!?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by SHOOTER13, Mar 12, 2017.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Tonight's Menu:

Homemade Crab Cakes...lump backfin crab breaded with Panko Bread Crumbs, Old Bay Seasoning, Fresh Chopped Celery, Diced Red Onion, Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce, Parsley, and a hint of Garlic...Pan Fried to a Golden Brown in Canola Oil...served with Corn Bread Muffins and Melted Butter...and Homemade Tartar Sauce.

Complimented by a chilled Sauvignon Blanc wine...

Ingredients:

The Crab Cakes

• 2 large eggs
    • 2-1/2 tablespoons Hellmann's mayonnaise
    • 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
    • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    • 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
    • Clove of Garlic
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt
    • 1/4 cup finely diced celery, from one stalk
    • 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
    • 1 pound lump crab meat
    • 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
    • Thin Layer of Canola oil in a skillet

Quick Tartar Sauce

• 1 cup mayonnaise
    • 1-1/2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
    • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    • 1 tablespoon minced red onion
    • 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice, to taste
    • Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  2. SHOOTER13

Tonight's Menu:

Swedish Meatballs made with ground beef, pork, and venison in a sweet brown gravy with chopped scallions...whipped buttery garlic mashed potatoes...and asparagus au gratin. French Bread warmed in the oven...and a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon to compliment.

3. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

This afternoon:

For My grand sons HS graduation and Mothers Day

KC strip steaks (around 1 lb each) grilled to order
    16 attending, 13 eat meat, they get fish, one meat eater dosnt want steak, he wants Hot dogs ... :rolleyes:
    Baked potato (my grand son wants his twice baked)
    Fresh salad from the garden, lettuce, 2 kinds
    green onions
    radishes
    Green Peppers (Italian Marconi)
    Various drinks, tea, coffee, Juice

4. SHOOTER13

Tonight's Menu:

Mesquite Grilled Filet Mignon topped with Fresh Back Fin Lump Crab Meat and Thick Cut Steak Fries...with a Balsamic drizzled salad of sliced Garden Cucumbers, diced Red Bell Peppers, and quartered Jersey Tomatoes.

And a fine Cabernet Sauvignon to compliment...

5. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member

OK, I will try to compete with Kevin..

Today's menu was spaghetti, with the extra large spaghetti noodles sauteed in a great vintage California water, for about 11 minutes. In the saute sauce (water) was a few pinches of California sea salt, with a drizzle of Italian olive oil, the extra virgin type.

The spaghetti sauce was imported from the country of Ragu, and delicately warmed in a saucepan with a few cloves of California Gilroy garlic. Once the dish was warmed in the pan with original Southern California Natural Gas, the noodles and the sauce were blended together with quite a bit of delicacy, using American made utensils.

Not to be outdone, we unwrapped 4 large pieces of Texas toast, and warmed them to perfection with California Natural Gas.

As if this meal wasn't already over the top, we applied California lettuce, again sauteed with cold California water. Once they were pat dried, they were hand torn and placed into an American made stainless steel bowl, which had previously been chilled to a cool 20 degrees. Once the lettuce was applied gingerly, we added California strawberries, thinly sliced, a few imported Roma tomatoes were added after slicing into 1/2" wedges, akin to how it would be served in a fine Italian restaurant. We then drizzled a fine Imported Balsamic vinegar on top of this salad, then a fine mist/drizzle with a nice Imported Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

This fine meal was served out on the veranda (back patio) and was consumed with a fine 14 Hands Pinot Grigio white wine, from the year 2017.

Attending this gala meal was my girlfriend, her daughter, her granddaughter, and my daughter. Off to my left side was my trusty companion, my 13 pound dog Tessie.

6. SHOOTER13

Awesome Mark...Well Done !!

I would sup with you at any invitation...

7. SHOOTER13

The wife is away at my daughters house since Mother's Day...So...

Tonight's Menu:

Homemade Chicken Salad with chopped Celery, diced Red and Orange Bell Peppers, diced Red Onion, Fresh Window Sill Garden Parsley, and Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise...garnished with Ice Berg Lettuce Leaves, Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper to taste...served on real Jewish Rye Bread with a side of low salt Kettle Chips.

With Two Bottles of Yuengling Traditional Lager to slake my thirst... :)

8. SWO1

Dont know right now. Taken the wife out to dinner. We've had company for the last 5 days and she deserves a break.

9. SWO1

Back to home cookin tonight:

Grilled Port Steak smothered in hot and sweet peppers
    Fried cabbage with lots of yellow onion, red pepper flakes. Done in the wok so as not to get to musshy, I like my veggies crisp. Ice Tea

10. SHOOTER13

Tonight's Menu:

Two New York Strip Steaks on the grill with natural Mesquite chips flavoring the flame as they sear...four ears of Silver Queen Sweet Corn that will also be charred on the grill...and a Salad of Ice Berg Lettuce, Green and Red Bell Peppers, and some Cherry Tomatoes in an Olive Oil & Wine Vinegar Dressing.

...and a couple of Ice Cold Yuengling Lagers to wash it down...

11. SWO1

Tonight is:

Fried Ham
    Green Beans with diced up onions and garlic
    Fresh Radishes, green onions from the graden
    Fresh made warm bread with gobs of butter
    Ice Tea

12. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Meatloaf and sides

13. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Well-Known Member

Hope to have something other than hospital food

14. SHOOTER13

Tonight's Menu:

Mesquite Grilled Chicken cut into strips and placed on a bed of Fresh Romaine and Ice Berg Lettuce along with Cherry Tomatoes, Diced Green and Yellow Bell Peppers, Cucumber and Carrot Strips, Garden Fresh Parsley, and Cornbread Croutons...with a choice of Balsamic Vinaigrette or Olive Oil and Red Wine Vinegar...

Complimented by a nice Cabernet Sauvignon...

15. SHOOTER13

Tonight's Menu:

Hearty Beef Stew in a Savory Thick Brown Gravy with Quartered Whole Russet Potatoes, Baby Carrots, Sweet Corn, Pearl Onions, Sliced Celery, Diced Red and Green Bell Peppers, Minced Clove of Garlic, Bay Leaf, Worcestershire Sauce, Paprika, Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper.

Oven Warmed Crusty French Bread for dipping...

Don't forget to add a few Yeungling Lagers for the chef...

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  16. SWO1

Two pieces of thinly (about .5" ) steak, dont know what kind. Think I had done that to a serloin a while back to make beef stir fry of some kind. Will sear on the grill (out medium). Saute some Mushrooms, onion, and green pepper in butter and fresh crushed garlic cloves. A salad with leaf lettuce from the garden, mixed with green onion and green peppers (frozen last year). Baked tater with lots of butter. I cleaned out a cooler that had a 24 oz. can of Miller lite (in the aluminum bottle) still in it from camping last summer. Will have that also.

17. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Well-Known Member

Liver and Onions

18. SHOOTER13

Tonight's Menu:

Leftover Hearty Beef Stew from last night... and a few Yeungling Lagers.

19. SHOOTER13

Tonight's Menu:

Heading out with the boys to shoot pool and drink beer...so...

Chicken Wings...Stuffed Potato Skins...and more Beer !!

20. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Daughter's spaghetti with garlic bread!