What's For Dinner...!?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by SHOOTER13, Mar 12, 2017.

1. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member

I had a fat bastard burger at a local restaurant. I was not impressed.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Tonight's Menu:

Italian Sausage and Meatballs in a home made gravy ( sauce )...with a side of Cheese and Spinach Gnocchi's...and a Fresh Salad with Ice Berg Lettuce, Jersey Beefsteak Tomatoes, Diced Green Bell Peppers, Shaved off the wedge Italian Parmesan Cheese, and Balsamic Vinaigrette...

...and a bottle of Bolla Valpolicella wine.

3. SHOOTER13

Tonight's Menu:

Two Thick Cut NY Strip Steaks fresh from the butcher...a couple of Loaded Baked Potatoes with Sour Crème and chopped Scallions...a few ears of Sweet Corn on the Cob...and some baby Snow Pea Pods with shaved Carrot strips.

...and a few Samuel Adams Summer Ales for the cook !!

4. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

I'm in Owensville, Mo for a double 6 card ARA Tournament on Sat. and Sun. Tonight its Subway, A 12" Italian with EVERYTHING. I made the trip alone as the wife is preparing for the big family reunion next week.

5. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Have fun Frank, and good luck!

6. SHOOTER13

Tonight's Menu:

Tex Mex Seasoned Chicken & Beef Tacos...wrapped in warmed Soft Tortilla Shells...hot off the grill...served with shredded Lettuce, sliced Tomatoes, diced Red Onion, quartered Cucumbers, diced Red & Yellow Bell Peppers, Salsa, Sour Crème, and Guacamole...served on a bed of Wild Spanish Rice.

And a few Dos Equis Lagers for the food wrangler...

7. SHOOTER13

Tonight's Menu:

Thin Sliced Baked with Dripped Honey Chicken Strips on top of a Salad consisting of Ice Berg and Romaine Lettuce, Fresh Spinach, Diced Red and Yellow Bell Peppers, Chopped Red Onion, Shaved Carrots, Chopped Celery, Fresh Jalapeno Rings, and Sour Dough & Corn Bread Croutons with a Choice of Dressings...

And a Pitcher of Naturally Brewed Sweet Tea.

8. Gumpy

Now that sounds good!

9. SHOOTER13

Tonight's Menu:

Thin Sliced Roasted Center Cut Pork Loin in a Dark Brown Gravy with Scallions and topped with Cooper Sharp Cheese stuffed into Fresh Kaiser Rolls with Thick Cut Steak Fries on the side...

And a few Yuengling Lagers to compliment...

10. Gumpy

Hamburger and fries from a country store down the road. His burger meat comes from his own beef. It's delicious!

11. SWO1

A big ole thick cut Pork Chop (bone in) grilled slowly. Baked Sweet taters, Salad consisting of green and red Romaine, leaf Simpson,shreded cabbage, pea pods and Red cherry tomatoes, all fresh from the garden today. Topped with buttermilk ranch dressing and cracked black pepper corns.

12. SHOOTER13

Tonight's Menu:

Savory Three Meat ( Beef/Pork/Venison ) Meatballs and Spaghetti with a Home Made Gravy...and a Tossed Salad of Romaine Lettuce, Fresh Spinach, Diced Red Bell Pepper, Red Onion Rings, Diced Celery, Fresh Mushrooms, Just Picked Strawberries, and Corn Bread Croutons drizzled with a Balsamic Vinaigrette.

...and a decanter of Bolla Cabernet Sauvignon.

13. SHOOTER13

Tonight's Menu:

Fall Off Da Bone Baby Back Ribs smothered in KC Masterpiece Honey BBQ Sauce...Hot Off the Grill...with sides of Fresh Off The Farm Sweet Corn, Potato Salad, Cole Slaw, Corn Bread...and a Salad of NJ Beefsteak Tomatoes and Garden State Cucumbers...with choice of dressing.

Picked up a case of Yeungling Traditional Lager for the chef...

14. Gumpy

Caught a mess of crappie Friday so it's a traditional fish dinner today!

15. SHOOTER13

Tonight's Menu:

Surf & Turf...

Skewered Jumbo Shrimp and NY Strip Steaks...over smokin' Mesquite Chips on the grill...with Sweet Corn on the Cob...and Loaded Baked Russet Potato...

With a Salad of Quartered NJ Beef Steak Tomatoes and Garden State Cucumbers and Red Onion Rings...drizzled with a Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing.

And the Chef saved a 2 six packs of Yeungling Lager for tonight.

16. Gumpy

Last night; fried squash, Mexican cornbread, fresh cyan pepper, fresh cucumbers, sweet milk.

17. SWO1

Tonight ....

Fried Polish Sausage In Sour Kraut
    Fried Taters
    Fresh Green onions
    Fresh Cucumbers
    Ice Tea

CHANGE #1 for tonight

The wife said she wanted TACOS ...so instead of making 2 dinners the Polish Sausage is pushed back till tomorrow

Now it's Tacos ...... From our cows ... no growth hormes or crap they feed the cattle in feed lots

Fresh diced Tomatoes and Lettuce
    Graded Extra Sharp chedder
    My own Salsa
    Old Paso crunchy shells warmed in the oven at 350 for 6 minutes. I drape them over the oven rack and they dont close up, nothing touching.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  18. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Well-Known Member

Pulled pork,

potato salad

and corn on the cob

:)

19. SHOOTER13

Tonight's Menu:

Surf & Turf...redux

Well...I still have some Skewered Lemon / Lime Jumbo Shrimp and 2 more NY Strip Steaks out of a four pack...so...I'm grilling the rest up tonight !! :D

{ Wife will be over my daughters house...Home Alone doesn't mean you gotta starve } :rolleyes:

20. DunRanull

DunRanull Member

Home made red spaghetti sauce- mushrooms, green pepper, onion, garlic, Italian sausage, green and black sliced olives, red chili pepper, small bay leaf, oregano, basil, picante salsa- with secret spices, in tomato sauce and olive oil, simmered over night. Scooped over LIGHTLY buttered linguine. This is more or less a family recipe altho the ingredients and amounts thereof may have evolved over the years and generations. My grandmother- may she rest in Glory!- made her own pasta but I just havent gotten that good at it...:)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017