Marlin Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past month has been busier than normal.
During my trip to Florida to see a cousin and my sister, I picked up 2 rifles that were hand-me-downs in our family.
First was a 22 Quackenbush that belonged to my grandmother.
The second was a 22 Winchester 67 that belonged to my Dad.
Both were free and I gave them to my daughter. She is the keeper of antique family firearms.
Then I came across a Norinco 213 and a Colt Vest pocket model 25.
Lost money on the Norinco because I gave it to my grand-daughter and her husband for home defense.
Then I traded the Marlin 336CS in .35 rem. for the 20 ga. Stoeger STF300 that I shared earlier.
This past weekend, I traded the Colt 25 for a used NEF SB1 Survivor 410/45LC single. The Colt was rough at about 50%-60% condition. I had $200 invested. Although the Survivor is used, the MSRP is $350. The Survivor was missing the choke tube and wrench which I ordered from Magnum Research for $31.
All in all, I lost money. I feel I made an excellent trade on the Stoeger - lost money on the Norinco - did OK on the Colt trade. The 410/45 should be fun to play with.
Just felt like sharing. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
853 Posts
It's not always about making money, but getting stuff you want and will use. I'd say you did okay. That .410/45LC will be fun.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
AKA Richard Prestage
3,538 Posts
Just went thru the Quackenbush site and to me that's amazing!! Makes me wish I had a machine shop to piddle around in and see what I could come up with!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.