Marlin Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
centerfire rifles, except my 223 ammo, i reload for. sometimes i do buy some ammo for them, just to have the brass to reload. the 223 ammo for my AR, i generaly buy from my LGS for about $8 a box of 20.

22lr i generaly buy at walmart, as i do some of my 9mm and 45. sometimes i order the 9mm, 40 s-w and 45 acp ammo from Midway. i reload for my 44 magnum pistol.

specialty size 12ga ammo i order from Midway, general purpose 12ga, whatever is cheapest from walmart.

·
Banned
5,718 Posts
Nine times outta ten...PA gun shows. I like to buy in bulk, and most times get cut a fair deal when I buy more than one case. I shoot quite a few different calibers...

Once in a blue moon...Dick's Sporting Goods has hunting caliber / shotgun specials that I pick up on...

Oops...can't forget Sportman's Guide...been a Buyers Club member for years. Not just ammo, but hunting supplies in general. Cabela's in Hamburg PA gets visited about 4x a year...I love just walking around that place !!

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I generally shop around but with the price of gas, mileage is often factored in.
I like going to Gun Shows and they are always a good source for ammo.
The Rim Fire ammo is bought at Wal-Mart because it is close and convenient.
My Black Power Supplies generally come from Cabela's, Gander Mountain, Dunham's, Midway USA or Wal-Mart. I have more time than money so I often do the research ahead of time.
I reload my own Center Fire Ammo and my Shot Shells.
To keep the cost down, most of my range time is either Rim Fires or Black Powder.

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
When I lived up north most of my ammo was purchased a Cabela's Dundee Mich. store.Now wally world ,gander mountain & gun shows

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
They had a card that would record your purchase and receive points,toward your next purchase.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I buy my ammo from Clyde's Sport Shop - a local family owned shop that is run by two brothers who were born, raised and still live in the neighborhood. I must confess that I do occasionally buy some of the oddball and bulk stuff mailorder.

·
Registered
8 Posts
for all you reloaders out there,I buy most of my components from WIDENERS SHOOTING SUPPLYin Johnson City,Tenn.Not the most selections but the best prices I have found by far anywhere and really good people to do business with.Just google Wideners Shooting Supply

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Hazmat fees will eat a hole in your pocket ordering online.My $.02 worth

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hazmat fees will eat a hole in your pocket ordering online.My $.02 worth
There is no shipping HazMat fee on loaded ammo, only powder and primers.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
i don't have anything to hide! i reload my ammo!
Yup me too, and I rarely load anything but lead I cast myself. It's SO much cheaper, and will get the job done. I've started to push my loads a bit, and it's time to size and install gas checks. Hate cleaning leaded barrels.

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Give me your recipe fo 444, sorry about the thread hijack:(

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Im hoping to buy some 357 ammo for my Smith 686 this weekend

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
Give me your recipe fo 444, sorry about the thread hijack:(
sorry Four, that's super duper top drawer top secret information!:eek: :D

i don't even seem to have that particular cartridge in my load books for some reason, or else i overlooked it. if i find something i will forward it to you though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I get all my ammo from Fleet Farm. I think they are just in the midwest. From what I have seen they have the best prices for ammo. They have just expanded their sporting goods section at my fleet farm and have a lot more stuff. Also, all of fleet farms guns tend to be A LOT cheaper than bigger name stores such as Gander or Cabelas.

·
Registered
226 Posts
wally world, big 5, and sportsmans warehouse for .22's & shotshell's, and I reload all my centerfire's or I couldn't afford to shoot.
I get reloading components from the cheapest source, taking into account shipping costs as well.
I don't spend less but I do shoot more for my buck !!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts