Marlin Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Jim! How bad is the rifle? Did you get it restored yet?
Patrick, the rile was damaged when my basement flooded. The wood stock finish was affected and the metal parts of the rifle have some corrosion.
I am still trying to decide how I want to proceed with getting it worked on.
However, who ever ends up working on it, I would want the entire gun taken apart and worked on. It would be a good size project.
Thoughts?
Jim

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have experience restoring Winchester's and Marlins while preserving wood and metal patina and sourcing original parts that need replacing.

My work has been for myself however. Even though I don't do this professionally, my work always turns out spectacular and better than most pros that I've seen.

I'll attach a picture of a custom gun rack that I just built for my two Winchester's (hand cut cradles and laser etched labels included) and the 1894 on the bottom was just restored by me to full perfection while preserving the patina and wood furniture. It was in rough shape.

Depending on how bad the gun is, I might be able to help. I live in St Petersburg Florida.

If you want to give me a call so I can assist you... possibly help you do it yourself or do it for you, You would have to private message me and I'll give you my phone number. You can speak with me to feel me out and ask questions.

In the meantime I'll attach a photo of a 1894 Marlin I just engraved some of the wood on to customize it.

Regards,
Patrick

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have experience restoring Winchester's and Marlins while preserving wood and metal patina and sourcing original parts that need replacing.

My work has been for myself however. Even though I don't do this professionally, my work always turns out spectacular and better than most pros that I've seen.

I'll attach a picture of a custom gun rack that I just built for my two Winchester's (hand cut cradles and laser etched labels included) and the 1894 on the bottom was just restored by me to full perfection while preserving the patina and wood furniture. It was in rough shape.

Depending on how bad the gun is, I might be able to help. I live in St Petersburg Florida.

If you want to give me a call so I can assist you... possibly help you do it yourself or do it for you, You would have to private message me and I'll give you my phone number. You can speak with me to feel me out and ask questions.

In the meantime I'll attach a photo of a 1894 Marlin I just engraved some of the wood on to customize it.

Regards,
Patrick
Patrick, those pictures are amazing! The guns and wood work look great! Let me think about it and I will get back to you.
Thanks for the reply.
Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.