Who's going shooting today?

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by FOUR4D4, Jul 24, 2012.

1. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Who's going shooting today?

I have the lawn that needs to be cut....then i have to round up my guns that are going with me and swab and dry out the bore.decision decisions.The rain wont cooperated so i can mow and its do darn hot early in the day.Sorry just had to vent. Whos shooting today?:D

2. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Not me,I had other things to do today. Besides I usually do all my shooting on Sunday so the Mrs. can go with me ;).

3. FOUR4D4

My wife used to go with me i think she lost intrest.I told her dont buy a Taurus 82.

4. aka

aka Well-Known Member

I will Thursday and Friday, I work 4 12's then I try not to stop on my time off. the lawn gets mowed when I feel like it. If the weather doesn't cooperate then I stay home and load or do some cowboy skunkwerks(slightly changed to keep Lockheed from sueing me) in the cave.

5. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

It's too hot to cut grass or shoot. Of course the grass isn't growing much these days. I have the ammo loaded I just need the weather to give me a break.

6. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

The wifey is my little helper and she loves guns almost as much as I do.:D

7. aka

aka Well-Known Member

Off to the DMV stop at the range on the way home. If it's too hot to mow when I get home, oh well! Somethings are more important. ya'll have a good day

8. FOUR4D4

That grass will still be there for you when you get back

9. Rooster59

Rooster59 Well-Known Member

I just came in from mowing, with a weedeater. It's so dry here I only had to hit the edges. The rest looks like a cut wheat field.

Think I'll try to hit the range Saturday morning at dawn. Seems like the only time the temperature is below 90 anymore.

10. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Saturday morning for a round of Sporting Clays with my son and son-in-law.
    Should be a fun time.

11. aka

aka Well-Known Member

It is advisable to leave the tracer ammo at home for awhile

12. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

Boy I really would like to go shooting Monday, but they are calling for 102 degrees. Tuesday isn't looking any better. Maybe by Friday??

13. aka

aka Well-Known Member

Not much difference here either. I start back to work tonight so I am going to finish some projects under the A/C. Get some range time in the early mornings later this week.

14. greyhawk50

Yesterday was my day at the range. My son, son-in-law and I went to a Sporting Clay Club near here. It was a company picnic put on by my son-in-law's company. We started off as squad #1 on a 9 station, 50 bird shoot. I wasn't real happy with my score but then again, I haven't shot clays for about 10 months. Actually, my son & I broke the same number of birds. The squad leader bested us by only 3 birds. My son-in-law didn't fair so well but it was all new to him. The stations were challenging to say the least.
    After the shoot, there was pork roast, chicken, potato salad, baked beans and apple dumplings. Then came the prize drawing (employees only) for lots of great prizes. They gave away about 8 new guns, cases of shot shells and lots of cool shooting accessories. Also had a separate drawing for the kids where they gave away 12 Red Rider BB Guns. Can't forget all the door prizes available for everyone. Lots of ball caps, T shirts, loading bench mats and other small items. Most items were donated by the manufacturers.
    It was a great time out. The very best part was -- spending the day with my 2 very most favorite guys.
    By the way, my son-in-law works for Accu-Sport. They are a wholesaler for guns, ammo and all types of shooting supplies.

Grey

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  15. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

Grey that sounds like it was fun. i use to shoot sporting clays years ago and even though i wasn't the best at it, i still enjoyed every minute of it. most fun i ever had with a shotgun!

i might get out and try out some loads i worked up for my Ruger M77V in 280 Remington.

16. FOUR4D4

With the heat index and temps in the 90s i need a lots of water to go shooting> I sure would like to try shooting clays

17. greyhawk50

It's been hot here with heat index warnings. But, on Friday, a cold front moved through bringing much needed rain and cooler temps. The high on Saturday was in the low 70s. It was a really great day to be at the range. :D
    Now it's warming up again.

18. aka

aka Well-Known Member

greyhawk what part of Ohio is that?

19. greyhawk50

20. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

A company picnic that included shooting and guns for prizes - companies here in the Baltimore/Washington Metro Area couldn't dream of such a thing!