Marlin Forums banner
681 - 700 of 708 Posts

· Banned
7,853 Posts
Not for long if the Republicans try to do away with: Medicare, Social Security, Medicaid, Welfare, etc.. Which they have said they want to do!! If they try and actually do it, I predict there will be a WAR in this country and there will be A LOT of Dead Politicians and many People will die!! Why? Because the People who rely on those Programs to Survive will rise up and revolt against the Government and take their frustrations out on the Politicians that voted to take away those programs!! Some will do it peacefully, but many many others will not! Those others who do not will take up arms and will fight against the government. One day IT WILL HAPPEN!! Especially the way the Government has been going over the years!!

Attachments

· Registered
40 Posts
I know It is "Negative Waves". LOL But if you look at what both parties of the Government have been doing and want to do and with what the President wants to do and is doing, and has said he "Wants to do" during the election campaign, I do not think that he can do all of it. Also some of what he wants to do will hurt the working class and poor. Yes he is talking big about helping "Make America Great Again", But will his actions cause America to fall into ruin? Just a thought to think about. I hope he can succeed and help all Americans: Poor, Middle income and wealthy.

· Premium Member
3,356 Posts
nobody has been reloading since SW01 left
Hey now,I've been reloading some.....just not as much as he did and I don't always remember to post it :p.....in fact,I may do some more work today on the loads I'm working up for the Mini-14.....so :p again.....:D

I was thinking the same thing as greyhawk but didn't say anything ;)

· Banned
7,853 Posts
Hey now,I've been reloading some.....just not as much as he did and I don't always remember to post it :p.....in fact,I may do some more work today on the loads I'm working up for the Mini-14.....so :p again.....:D

I was thinking the same thing as greyhawk but didn't say anything ;)
Do you load 5.56 or .223 for that mini?

· Registered
1,966 Posts
I reloaded a few 357 mags a short while back. I loaded them with Hornady 180 gr. XTPs for my T/C Contender. It seems to prefer the heavier bullets, although the recoil is a bit stiff.
I've sold several of my long guns due to poor vision. All of my shooting is at 25 yards or less. Mostly handguns at 7-8 yards.
I'm only loading 38 SPL., 357 mags & 44 mags.

By the way, where did SWO1 go? Did I miss something?

· Premium Member
3,356 Posts
I reloaded a few 357 mags a short while back. I loaded them with Hornady 180 gr. XTPs for my T/C Contender. It seems to prefer the heavier bullets, although the recoil is a bit stiff.
I've sold several of my long guns due to poor vision. All of my shooting is at 25 yards or less. Mostly handguns at 7-8 yards.
I'm only loading 38 SPL., 357 mags & 44 mags.

By the way, where did SWO1 go? Did I miss something?
When I talked to his daughter a couple months ago she said he had been extremely busy but we would probably hear from him soon.

· Registered
40 Posts
I was hoping to be reloading by now, but things have happened to keep me from reloading. I have had back surgery in April 2016, had weight loss surgery in September 2013, money I was saving to get more reloading equipment I had to use to get new tires for my mom and dad's car, and now I had to buy parts to build a new computer! Also the equipment that I do have I am unable to set it up, because there is just no place to set up! Why? My nephew, his wife, their 2 children, 2 cats, and most of their possessions are in our basement and my nephew has some stuff in our garage! I cannot set it up in my bedroom because there is no space there, my TV, Video game systems and other stuff that normally would be stored down stairs in the basement is in my room! LOL My TV prevents me from even getting into my closet! LOL I hope to get some more reloading equipment later this year and then maybe build a small bench or temporarily use one of the benches dad has and load a few rounds to test out. But I would have to clear out a spot in the garage to do that.

· Premium Member
3,356 Posts
I was hoping to be reloading by now, but things have happened to keep me from reloading. I have had back surgery in April 2016, had weight loss surgery in September 2013, money I was saving to get more reloading equipment I had to use to get new tires for my mom and dad's car, and now I had to buy parts to build a new computer! Also the equipment that I do have I am unable to set it up, because there is just no place to set up! Why? My nephew, his wife, their 2 children, 2 cats, and most of their possessions are in our basement and my nephew has some stuff in our garage! I cannot set it up in my bedroom because there is no space there, my TV, Video game systems and other stuff that normally would be stored down stairs in the basement is in my room! LOL My TV prevents me from even getting into my closet! LOL I hope to get some more reloading equipment later this year and then maybe build a small bench or temporarily use one of the benches dad has and load a few rounds to test out. But I would have to clear out a spot in the garage to do that.
Be careful,reloading can be addictive....;) :D:D

· Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Is there any real need to trim handgun brass other than trimming 357 sig?

:confused:
Straight wall cases do also stretch, not only rifle but pistol also. As an example, revolver rounds are usually crimped. On repeated firings the crimp tends to thin out and stretch as the case is ran thru the reforming die. SAMMI specs give Max and Min case length. All reloading manuals (mine anyway) state a case length for their tested loads. Different guns like different lengths. The case length will affect performance with the same powder charge and bullet seating. Its my opinion to achieve consistent performance all rounds should be as like as possible in all aspects of the components of the round. Guess what I am saying is depends on each persons requirements/likes for accuracy.

· Premium Member
3,356 Posts
Did another test batch for the Mini-14 using Hornady 50g V-Max bullets and H380 powder,the shell didn't look like it had the capacity to hold the max listing so I didn't try it. Probably finish the other test batch using the same bullet with Benchmark powder tonight.

681 - 700 of 708 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.