Marlin Forums banner
701 - 708 of 708 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
I am still waiting to get started reloading. Why? No place to set up my equipment, what little bit of equipment I do have! I cannot set it up in the basement, because my nephew, his wife, 2 kids and 2 cats and all of their stuff is in our basement! I cannot do it in the garage, because there is No room out there either. I cannot do it in my bedroom, there is no room there either, because I have stuff that I want to put in the basement and I cannot, and there is stuff I want to put in my closet, but I cannot get into my closet because of a big TV that my nephew gave me is blocking it! LOL

I still need to get some more items yet. I would have gotten some more reloading equipment that I need the other day when my dad, mom and I went to Cabela's to get walkie-talkies, but I needed to use what money I had to get a lawn mower on the way home. Our lawn tractor needs a new engine, that would cost over $1500! Our other push mower needs a gasket because it will start up and then immediately shut off. Waiting for my Nephew's father-in-law to fix it. My Nephew's lawn tractor needs a head gasket and of course waiting on my nephew's father-in-law to fix it! Do not know when that will happen! LOL

Maybe in the early Autumn I might get something for reloading if I have some money left over after I buy hunting boots!

· Registered
730 Posts
That Churchill Mauser in 243 (again)

It's been a while to get right but here are the results of the "Young Fellar's" Mate.
That Churchil Rifle in 243.

The Recipe

Nosler 6mm, 80grain Ballistic tips

RP Cases, shoulder bumped 003"
ADI AR2209 Powder (quantities on each Pic.)
OAL 2.698" (007" off Lands)

Note 2209 is the Equivalent to H414, I believe
The "Aiming Dot" is Just over 1/2" wide......(0.6" to be exact)

So I made up 60 rounds.
I may well make up some more test rounds with 0.2gr more powder another day just to see if I can get it to shoot any better, especially after checking out that 46gr powder foto.

Cheers Bucky

Cheers Bucky

Attachments

· Registered
68 Posts
Ordered a 2nd set of RCBS 38/357 carbide dies. Got some 270 and 22-250 brass coming. Couple hundred pieces of 357 yellow brass. And finally a couple hundred 7.62x39 ordered.

Finished up a small handful of 30-30 to finish up a box of test loads.

So I will have roughly 800-1,000 pieces of brass to finish processing. Arrghh!

701 - 708 of 708 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.