Marlin Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
AKA Richard Prestage
3,538 Posts
i NEED A BOLT FOR A 8MM mauser. Straight or bent, either will do.

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
I dont have one did you check gunbroker or armslist

·
AKA Richard Prestage
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've checked several places like Numericks(??sp) Buds, and a few more. They think they all have the last one. I'm hopeing that someone has one laying around and tired of looking at it11 lol

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
have you tried midway usa?

I've checked several places like Numericks(??sp) Buds, and a few more. They think they all have the last one. I'm hopeing that someone has one laying around and tired of looking at it11 lol
Midway USA MAY have a bolt. I know they have quite a few parts.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
There are usually quite a few Mauser parts on ebay.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Can I crash the thread and inquire what a fella would do with a bent bolt ??

Curiosity is my weak point.....

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
You need what is called a bent bolt to use a scope. The straight bolt lever wont clear. I'm not sure if a purpose built bent bolt is made, but there are several ways to modify a straight bolt lever to clear a scope.

Have I learned enough about Mausers to get that right guys??:confused:

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
My straight bolt is all that is stopping me from putting a scope on my Mauser. I have so much stuff going these days I haven't gotten around to cutting and welding my lever to clear. I'd like to get a scope on mine to see just how good that old barrel is.

·
AKA Richard Prestage
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From what I have read, there are aftermarket bolts made as 'bent' bolts, but they are pricey. An old gunsmith that lives next door said he knows how to heat them and do it. He showed me two on a couple of his guns and they looked real good. This guy has more guns than an armory!!

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
From what I have read, there are aftermarket bolts made as 'bent' bolts, but they are pricey. An old gunsmith that lives next door said he knows how to heat them and do it. He showed me two on a couple of his guns and they looked real good. This guy has more guns than an armory!!
I was thinking I could submerge the bolt in water and heat the lever only for bending. Is that how he does it?

·
Registered
226 Posts
bolt for scope clearance

I sportered a Mauser Model 24/47 (straight bolt) many years ago, I had a smith cut the straight bolt off and weld on a Rem model 700 bolt, I got it from Midway for about $10 bucks I think, the cut and weld job was $30 bucks, the drill & tap of the reciever was $60 bucks.
Air gun Wood Trigger Shotgun Gun accessory

Attachments

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Beautiful gun. I've reviewed the procedure to cut and weld mine. It's pretty straight forward, but I'm lazy and my 24/47 is really an old beater, so I like the heat and bend idea since I'm sure I can do a credible job. I'm thinking I could mount the receiver in the action tool, heat the lever with the bolt submerged in water to save it, and then put it in the receiver to bend it. I really love shooting the gun. The Yugo ammo is way cheaper than 30-06 and the Mauser is easier on the shoulder. That reminds me there is something I need for it. I'll make a thread.

·
AKA Richard Prestage
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was thinking I could submerge the bolt in water and heat the lever only for bending. Is that how he does it?
I didn't ask him how he did it, but I will find out! I know he doesn't cut and weld tho.

That is a beautiful gun Tahoe2!!!

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Awesome Gun

1 - 16 of 16 Posts