Marlin Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

New to the forum...
Just got a XT-22 and at the range realized my eyes arent what they used to be, want to put on a scope.
Any pointers about the base and rings for the XT-22?

Actually am about set on the BSA sweet 22 3-9 x 40 scope. but mounting hardware is like greek to me.

Any help will be appreciated.

·
Banned
5,718 Posts
Welcome to the Marlin Firearms Forum byrdbrain !!

If you google/bing search "mounting a scope to a rifle videos" you will get better help

then me trying to explain it to you...let me know how you make out !!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi byrdbrain,

I have a similar question, and i'd like to know how you went.

I'm picking up an XT-22VR, the VR comes with weaver style bases and i have a Bushnell 3-9x32 scope. Should i get low,med or high rings. As the VR doesn't have iron sights and the objective lens is smaller that the eye lens my main concern is bolt removal clearance. I saw a youtube clip of a guy the took a dermal to the bolt arm and thinned it slightly to allow bolt removal. I'm not going to do that.

What size rings did you go with?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Get medium rings and you should have no problem with scope clearance..I have a savage mark II (also a bolt gun) I have medium weaver rings and a simmons 8 point 4X scope. This rifle is the death of beer cans at 50 yards..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.