Marlin Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather is nice, so the family and I have been playing yard games.

So far I have croquet, ladder ball, corn hole, washers, frisbee, and of course the wife and I play softball so we through the ball a lot. Well we did till she got into the third trimester.

What are you guys doing now that spring is here?

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
I remember the Jarts when I was younger, I can't imagine why they stopped make them:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
I love croquet, haven't played in years, volleyball and badminton too.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I remember the Jarts when I was younger, I can't imagine why they stopped make them:rolleyes:
Are those lawn darts?

I played them when I was a kid and no one ever got impaled.

I love croquet, haven't played in years, volleyball and badminton too.
I like badminton, but I'm terrible.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
I ain't much good at any of them, but have always loved to play. We never got any lawn darts. Pops could see the deadly war happening and said no.

·
Registered
853 Posts
We had a BBQ at the Mother-in-laws last weekend and the washers saw some action.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ain't much good at any of them, but have always loved to play. We never got any lawn darts. Pops could see the deadly war happening and said no.
We had a throwing knife game when I was a kid.

That did get taken away quickly.

We had a BBQ at the Mother-in-laws last weekend and the washers saw some action.
Are they dug in?

My set is above ground and it's not as much fun and a bit harder.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Austin...it's a portable set made in octagon wooden box frames. You might be right about it being harder, because you get a lot of bouncers. It sure is nice to be able to take it with you though.

·
Registered
345 Posts
We had a throwing knife game when I was a kid.

That did get taken away quickly.
Think we called it mumbly peg as kids . We smartened up ( luckily ) before anyone got hurt too bad :rolleyes:

One I didn't see mentioned is bocce ball . Don't need a court , just go around the yard . Every toss is different , 'specialy if you have an uneven yard like mine :)

·
Banned
7,853 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Austin...it's a portable set made in octagon wooden box frames. You might be right about it being harder, because you get a lot of bouncers. It sure is nice to be able to take it with you though.
That is very true.

Think we called it mumbly peg as kids . We smartened up ( luckily ) before anyone got hurt too bad :rolleyes:

One I didn't see mentioned is bocce ball . Don't need a court , just go around the yard . Every toss is different , 'specialy if you have an uneven yard like mine :)
I saw a bocce ball set but I've never played it.

Corn Hole No thanks i dont even like the sound of it :eek:
Most of us know it as bean bag toss.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts