Marlin Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first Marlin, a used $80 model 60, to join my arsenal of Rugers, Springfields and AR's.
I was actually looking for a 10/22, but many suggested that the 60 was more accurate, just doesn't have the aftermarket support. That's OK, it means I won't spend as much on shiny doodads.:D
I plan on Cerakote, (what color, purple?) and some trigger work, probably won't have $200 in it.
Look for my dumb questions soon.:eek:

·
AKA Richard Prestage
3,538 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There's no such thing as a dumb question.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Welcome Truckman! I think you will find the folks here very helpful and willing to share.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. I've been looking around, some very nice customizing, giving me too many ideas!!!:confused:
Now I'm thinking of re-finishing the stock, to a darker color, maybe Cherry, which will contrast with the Cerakote better, but I still haven't decided what color to go with.
Maybe I should wait until I actually have it in my hands?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Welcome to the Marlin Forum.
Glad to have you with us.
Feel free to join in, anytime.
Pictures are always appreciated.

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Welcome To The Marlin Forum

·
Registered
723 Posts
Welcome aboard Mate

I painted my 375 H & H after watching a few of these video's on You tube
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoAL9T-Aw9k[/ame]

One of my work mates is shooting it
Have had several hunts with it, and has no damage, and heaps cheaper. if you damage it, simply repaint that area.

Cheers
Bucky

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome. Since I never heard of the chimney corner, I'm gunna have to look at a map.
Northwest corner of the state, it looks like a chimney.
Luckily for me it was claimed by PA long before I was born, so I wasn't born in New York!;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts