Zoo

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Shooter, May 3, 2012.

1. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I'm headed out the Zoo this weekend.

Haven't been since I was a kid, so this should be interesting.

Anyone been to one lately?

2. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

I haven't been to one in quite a few years, but I do enjoy them. We use to go a lot when our daughter was young. We even flew out to CA to the San Diego Zoo because it use to be the best. Our daughter is now a vet tech...image that. I think the zoo in Ohio that Jack Hanna runs is now considered the best zoo in the country.

3. Shooter

I wish I could pack up the family and go to a bigger or better one, but the San Antonio Zoo will work.

How was the San Diego zoo?

4. duster066

duster066 Well-Known Member Supporting

The last time I went, about ten years ago, two leopards were getting it on. All the little kids were like "uoo" and "ahh" and "what are they doing." My silly wife turned red and actually said loud so everyone could hear, "I think they need some private time. We should all leave." And she made our gang move on.:D

5. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

Austin, i have been to the San Antonio Zoo many years ago, and it was a pretty nice zoo then and they were also doing some renovations to update and expand it. but that was probably ten or eleven years ago. Herman Park Zoo in Houston was really nice Zoo too.

6. Shooter

They had some exhibits shut down so the animals could mate. One even had a curtain and a note saying, "This bird it nesting and we've had to block the window so he won't attack it.".

It was a very nice zoo. I will be going back. Just not when it's so hot a humid.

7. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

Austin...the San Diego Zoo was excellent, but as you can image a little pricey.

8. Shooter

If San Antonio was pricey I can only imagine San Diego was insane.